«{Total Annihilation 2}»

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by -={420}=-, Mar 17, 2003.

1. -={420}=-

-={420}=- New Member

Has anyone played Total Annihilation? I played it a while ago and downloaded a lot of units for it. It was a great game but then I got bored of it due to lack of support. But now I hear they're finally releasing Total Annihilation 2 and that makes me happy. I just can't wait till November 26th, 2004. That's when it's coming out according to www.tothegame.com. The game is gonna be great from what I've heard at www.totalannihilation2.com. Another thing you may want to check out is the TA2 forum. You can also pre-order it now at Chips & Bits.

2. RIV@NVX

RIV@NVX Freedom is a feature.

Thursday 21 March 2002 - lastest news... scheduled for 2004... hmmm, don't know what to say, it doesn't look real to me if there are no news in a year.

3. Starscream

Starscream King of the Decepticons!

Well hopefully it does come out. I still love TA, it's by far my favorite rts.

4. -={420}=-

-={420}=- New Member

I still have mine. And I actually bought it. TA and TA:core contingency for $10 both. It's the only game I ever bought in my entire life. Well, maybe not. I bought some crappy games before that...like in the windows 95 years. Anyways, they got a new unit pack you might wanna check out at:
    http://www.planetannihilation.com/taucp/taucp.htm

5. Starscream

Starscream King of the Decepticons!

I bought the Commanders pack a few years ago. 4 cd's, TA, Core Contingency and Battle Tactics are what you get.

6. HsuGotaQ

HsuGotaQ Hydrogenated Dumbass

drool... T.A. 2. Damn the original game was so darn great. Alas, it was TOO ahead of it's time.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2003
  7. -={420}=-

-={420}=- New Member

Totally agree:D

8. SupaBeast

SupaBeast New Member

The game had some cheap ass weapons though...A freaking Vulcan Cannon that shoots acroos the whole map at hundreds of bullets a second oblitaerating anything it locks on to?!!?!?!? Come on!

9. HsuGotaQ

HsuGotaQ Hydrogenated Dumbass

The Vulcan cannon was a great thing because it gave you a deadline. You knew you had to rush the opponent as fast as possible in order to stop him from building the cannon. It gave the player a kick in the arse to fight instead of just protecting himself. :)

10. -={420}=-

-={420}=- New Member

Yeah, they need to work on a lot of things. There was a lot of cheap things that this game would allow you to do. e.g. trapping the opposing team's commander in the atlas or rushing your enemy with flash tanks. I hope they fix that in the TA2 version.