‘Black Panther’ Is the Highest-Rated Live-Action Superhero Movie Ever

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Calliers, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Black Panther isn’t just breaking pre-sale ticket records, it’s also making review history.

The film currently holds a 98 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes (it was at 100 percent for a while), but even more impressively, the Marvel film holds the title for the highest rated live-action superhero movie ever.

While Black Panther‘s Rotten Tomatoes reviews will continue to fluctuate when the film finally releases, it currently holds a higher score than recent hits like Spider-Man: Homecoming (88 percent), Wonder Woman (also at 88 percent) and Logan (90 percent). It even scores higher than all of the Dark Knight trilogy.

2. Acesty6

Acesty6 New Member

we already watch it it is awesome those reviews cam from all over our place has its nice feedback releasing black panther movie was so superb this marvel movie deserve a great claps.. this movie make me so much proud for the Black Americans such an idols

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

GREATLY overhyped and significantly politicized... all for the wrong reasons.

4. Calliers

It's not often that dark skinned black people are portrayed so positively in the media, and in that regard I have to say that this movie was a breath of fresh air indeed.

Afrofuturism has it's rightful place as well and we can glimpse into the future of Africa 200 or 300 years from now when Africa finally has it's shit together and its nations can be seen as equal players on the world stage, not just South Africa (which btw wasn't held down as much as the other countries by all sorts of disruptive and exploitative policies just because white people live there too).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  5. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

There is some evidence that Africans have a significantly lower IQ than other races. There are countries in Africa that have had autonomy and outside assistance for many years and yet they have not become prosperous societies.

From what I have heard, Black Panther seems to make the suggestion that - if only 'whitey' had not colonised Africa, it would be this glittering jewel of advanced societies. I think that's naive.

6. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Outside of north African areas, pre Arab invasion, very few areas of Africa had advanced (for the time) civilizations.
    I don't know about IQ, for me most people of all backgrounds are stupid, but to blame race is also stupid. Be it blacks ("low IQ") or whites "colonialists". If people stopped placing blame on others (different backgrounds), perhaps all would have a better future. But, it is much easier to blame others for your own faults and stupidity. Of course if you are stupid you can't even consider that, so it is a vicious circle.

As for the movie, I haven't watched it yet, I don't know when I will as I don't really care that much for superhero movies outside of Superman and some times Batman. I haven't even heard of Black Panther.
    I hope the movie is good as I want to enjoy it whenever I eventually watch it.
    I do fear though (ok I am not afraid :p ) that it might at least partially be a case where people support the movie for their own (stupid) political or (fake) cultural motives.
    Case in point several years ago with the movie Big Fat Greek Wedding which was way too successful for what it was. An average at best, with some good bits, comedy.

7. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

I don't see how blame has anything to do with it. If the empirical evidence shows that Africans have a lower IQ than other populations then that might go someway to explain why Africa is undeveloped compared to other nations in the world. I find it quite interesting a question - how would IQ effect society in general. Why do the populations that moved out of Africa have higher IQs. Why do African Americans have higher IQs.

The thing that a lot of people are having an issue with about Black Panther is the suggestion that whites are to blame for Africa's issues. It's a constant and current theme in western civilisation, identity politics and white guilt. Also the virtue signalling of the 'progressive' media who seem desperate to elevate Black Panther to something more than it is because they too are racked with white guilt and don't want to appear racist.

The recent Marvel superhero movies have been pretty stock fare so the 100% Fresh rating for Black Panther smells off to me!

8. Trusteft

I think you are meeting the wrong Africans then. I have met plenty of Africans (black Africans) and they don't appear to me to be more stupid than anyone else. They are all equally stupid. Africans or not. What does make a difference though is education. People can acquire knowledge and still be stupid as fuck. With proper education you can start changing cultures and then change whole countries.
    Even if, and that's a huge if, black Africans have lower IQ, that still wouldn't explain on its own what is going on there in many countries. The thing is, it is convenient for rulers of countries/regions to have an uneducated population. With all the richness in the continent, all you "need' is some rulers who want to use the population. A stupid population is an easy to control population. Add some scapegoats (the "white man", the "inferiority" of one race over another, etc) to have someone to blame, and you get an easy ride. Blaming someone else is always useful if you don't want as a ruler to have your population think for themselves. Also useful if you lack the education to understand what is going on and you rather blame someone so that you don't have to think and act. People don't like to think.

9. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Wow, this escalated quickly! AFAIK, lower than normal average IQ in some African countries is a fact. It is mostly linked to poor nutrition and other factors that hamper development (and not genetics!). Would that be the same, better or worse if Europeans never colonized Africa the way they did? I don't know, but Africa had some pretty decent cultures that were crushed by the colonizers, while others, that were perhaps less developed to begin with, were kept from developing and forming functional societies during that period, so it's not impossible that the process (as well as some things done in the post colonial era) was detrimental to Africans' chances of forming functional countries, with many direct and indirect consequences including the matter of IQ in some of them.

Anyway, I see absolutely no reason to bring that up here. o_O

Having said that, I'm not into superhero films and pretty much everyone I know that has seen it, sadly, describes it as "a disappointment", so I'm not likely to go and watch it.

Calliers likes this.
  10. Judas

I actually look forward to watching the movie again.... as i own all all the marvel and DC movies.... i've quite enjoyed them all.. some more than others... and of course some... usually DC movies... have been rather disapointing in comparison... but having their own charm so to speak.

The movie at face value.. without any politcal leanings or the bullshit of a shitstorm going on in the media and the events surrounding the movie is what i have issues with. The ballooning of it's "rating" on rotten tomatoes as already stated above is clear evidence of this incredible level of stupidity and how easily it is to give a minority... a very small minority of people insane levels of relentless appearance of power in things that honestly shouldn't have been impacted.

The fact that this is even in the media/news at all is frankly stupid... they are all contributing to this idiocy.

Trusteft likes this.
  11. Trusteft

Anyone else has the desire to (re)watch the Blade movies with Wesley Snipes? I have them on DVD (sadly no BR yet) and I always enjoyed them. I don't know if he is supposed to be (according to the fans of) a superhero or not, but he was always such a bad ass!

12. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Blade was fun and it has been ages since I've seen one of those films.

Trusteft likes this.
  13. Judas

I've the blade trilogy.... i've enjoyed them all...

Trusteft likes this.
  14. Calliers

Whenever I think Blade I think of this song:-

Trusteft likes this.
  15. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

Blade was awesome. I still remember going to an early preview for Blade, not really knowing what to expect as I was unfamiliar with the lore. That opening sequence in the slaughterhouse/nightclub was incredible - cool soundtrack, bad ass protagonist and evaporating vampires!

Blade 2 was good, 3 was decent though 'Dracula' was a poor villain. Jessica Biel's hotness made up for that slightly.

Trusteft likes this.
  16. Calliers

Teachers inspired by the new Black Panther movie are bringing Africa’s important history to classrooms around the world

The unprecedented popularity of Black Panther has spurred some international educators to wonder how to channel the excitement into their classrooms.

Enter the Wakanda curriculum… a meticulously crafted and standards-aligned resource, ready to help meaningfully continue conversations after the credits roll.

Tess Raser, a 6th-grade teacher at the Dulles School of Excellence on Chicago’s South Side, created the “Wakanda Curriculum,” an in-depth lesson plan designed to help students “engage more critically and thoughtfully with the film,” Blavity reported.