‘It's time to stop bad-mouthing EA’

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by MIG-31, Jun 5, 2009.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Publisher’s top sports producer hits out at critics ahead of FIFA 10’s upcoming release.

FIFA producer David Rutter feels that it is time for the press to stop attacking EA Sports – as the firm attempts to top last year’s groundbreaking FIFA release.

2. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I'll stop attacking EA Sports the day they stop putting out crappy PC releases, and I don't mean just not putting out PC games, but also don't put out PS2 to PC ports of sports games. It's insulting.

3. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

When EA take "quality over quantity" method I'll stop , seriously they make tons of games but rarely you find them competitive even with smaller developers.

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

when i can stick in one of EA's games and fire it up without having to mangle the hell out of it to make it work...

i'll stop

5. dawgXdenta

dawgXdenta Well-Known Member

no love for ea here, if there are any EA developers dont bother looking for sympathy LOL

6. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

Re: ‘It's time to stop bad-mouthing EA’

I honestly don't really understand why they do this. Isn't porting 360 games easier than porting PS2 games anyway?

I'm actually relatively close to the studio that does the PS2/PC ports, I should stop in someday and ask them...

7. Stop It

Stop It HHs' Resident Kitty Lover

EA (Peter Moore) has came out and said that this practice will be stopped, whether that means the 10 versions of the games will be 360 ports finally, I'm not sure.

Anyway, EA as a publisher has became a lot better in recent years, and should be applauded for picking up some great games, their internal studios still could use a bit of a revamp, especially the sports divisions, but there is progress.

Now, the publisher we need to be bad mouthing right now is Activision, they are the old EA of this generation, closing studios left and right, releasing shoddy games and generally exploiting gamers and their IPs.