‘Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II’ Developer Diary Released; Game Takes Place in Iceland

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Calliers, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

While Ninja Theory didn’t explicitly show more of their upcoming Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II at the Xbox Games Showcase, they did reveal a new entry in their developer diary series. The new entry reveals that the game is set in Iceland, which according to Ninja Theory’s Tameem Antoniades, the country inspired him to create the sequel.

The diary goes on to detail Antoniades and the Ninja Theory team exploring Iceland in earnest in order to generate ideas for the forthcoming sequel.

Ninja Theory studio head Dom Matthews also revealed during the Xbox Games Showcase that 3.5 million players have now played the original Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice since the game’s launch in 2017.

2. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Picked Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice up in the Steam same and have to say that its a brilliant story wrapped up in an atmospheric game with an intersting approach to mental illness, the only thing that lets it down is a real lack of enemies, essentially theres tall guy with sword, tall guy with axe, tall guy with sword and axe and tall guy with shield, and club and ghostly tall guy with variety of weapons and that pretty much it

great for atmosphere not so much for variety but i am oddly loving it

EDIT> Just finished it and its been great however its one of those games that finishes with an overly long cutscene (nearly 10 mins) after 5 I was just gritting my teeth and thinking get on with it, also the credits are unskippable (personal hate)

However all that aside I would really recommend this

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Calliers likes this.