‘Uncharted’ Trailer: Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg Bring the Adventure Video Game to the Big Screen

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Calliers, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

The first trailer for “Uncharted,” a film adaptation of the hit Playstation video game franchise from Naughty Dog, starring Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg, has arrived, with the duo globetrotting and searching for treasure.

“Uncharted” is directed by Ruben Fleischer, with a script penned by “Iron Man” duo Art Marcum and Matt Holloway and Rafe Judkins, based off of a screen story by Judkins. Holland plays Nathan Drake, a treasure hunter who is accompanied by Wahlberg’s Sully and Sophia Ali as Chloe Frazer, who may have a spark with Drake.

Holland recently spoke with British GQ about the challenges of playing the iconic video game protagonist.

“As soon as you start worrying about ‘Do I look good in this shot?’ acting becomes something other than playing a character,” he said. “I think there are elements of my performance in ‘Uncharted’ where I kind of fell under that spell of being ‘I want to look good now. I want this to be my cool moment.’ I had to play this very tough, very stoic guy — basically be Mark Wahlberg. My character is supposed to be a fucking action hero in this moment! Look, I haven’t seen it, so I don’t know if I succeeded in that. But it was an important lesson learned, because, at times, it was less about land a mark and go through this scene and more about land a mark, stand like this and see my bulging biceps. … It was a mistake and is something that I will probably never do again.”

“Uncharted” is set to debut in theaters on Feb 18. Watch the trailer below:

Trusteft likes this.
  2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

it should have been nathan fillion...

Mr Cairo likes this.
  3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I like how this looks. Picking such a young actor probably means they are planning for more movies down the line.
    Mark gives it a huge plus for me .
    Looking forwards buying the bluray of it.

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

meh... imo he doesn't give off the persona at all of the character

the original hope was that it would have worked like deadpool and how it was leaked and people were like "yup... i want to see that"

5. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

100%