‘Violent’ Games To Be Excluded From Olympic eSports Consideration

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Calliers, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Thomas Bach, the International Olympic Committee President recently made comments suggesting that violent eSports titles will not be considered in future Olympic events.

Bach commented to the South China Morning Post regarding his stance on what kind of games should be considered for the Olympic Games. He went on to explain that he favours competitive titles, in particular, sports based titles over more violent eSports fair. Additionally, he stated that he prefers titles that can be defined in having what he refers to as “Olympic Value”.

“So if ever somebody is competing at playing football virtually or playing other sports virtually, this is of high interest, we hope that, then, these players are really delivering sports performance. If [fans] at the end would even play the sports in the real world, we would even be more happy,” as stated by Bach to the China Morning Post.

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

violent...

wait i'm not following.... there are quite literally "violent" physical contact sports in the olympics already.... why the hell would that matter?

3. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

I doubt esport will ever enter the olympics, I can see a bunch of "real" physical sports that fits a lot better that aren't in today.