1.1b0 driver bugs

Discussion in 'MAC OS X Driver' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

please report 1.1b0-specific issues and bugs here

if you think the bug requires additional information or discussion, start a new topic and do only post a very brief description of the problem in this thread (as well as a link to your new topic)

PLEASE do not post suggestions, ideas, 'thanks', 'how do I' questions here!

E.

2. derryken

derryken New Member

thanks you,again!

the noise after 4-8 minutes is no fix

3. MishkaPL

MishkaPL New Member

Hello, DH newbie here, writing from Poland. :)

First of all, thanx for the kX drivers, I used them on PC lap with Audigy ZS Notebook - wonderful. Recently I bought an ol' Powerbook (G4 -867 with Tiger 10.4.11) and this driver seems like a salvation ;-).

But... adding any of the drivers doesn't work - neither with installer nor manually via kextload. The system message states: 34com_kXProject_driver_kXAudioDriver is not compatible with its superclass, 13IOAudioDevice superclass changed?".
    And with -t option: "Executable file doesn't contain kernel extension code"= true.

Blah... :(

Any clues?

4. vastboundless

vastboundless New Member

m2..
    i used sblivbe 5.1 digital

5. Oxtie

Oxtie Active Member

Cool

Yep :) no distortion, however I still get people saying treble (SSSsss) set to high etc. Some use the word "Tinty" etc
    Some Live! series users have distortion (maybe old driver not uninstalled properly or some odd reasons)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  6. djsubject

djsubject New Member

E-MU 1820m 40 minutes running still no distortion! :D

dose any one know if loading the firmware for the 1010 dock is planned for osx (instead of rebooting from XP using the KX driver) or is it something that OSX will never be able to do?

thank you nice Mr&Mrs KX Developer Team :hug:

Subz

7. shad0wca7

shad0wca7 New Member

I really appreciate the effort but I still get distortion after a few minutes! Using a SB Live! Value

8. Eugene Gavrilov

derryken, vastboundless, shad0wca7: ensure you are running new driver, not the old one. type kextstat and check the version of kxaudiodriver.kext - it should be 1.1b0
    --
    MishkaPL: your powerbook is not Intel, it is PowerPC. we will not support PowerPC CPU because it is not compatible with Intel architecture at all..

E.

9. Eugene Gavrilov

well... I'm planning to release very basic API for OS X, so, anyone will be able to port edspctrl.exe utility (released under GPL for Windows) - this should be sufficient to upload the firmware... no release dates, however.

E.

10. CptanPanic

CptanPanic New Member

I still have the 4-8 minute distortion issue. Using SB Live Value.

11. derryken

derryken New Member

Hi,I'm checked.
    the version is new.
    my card is CT4832.
    my system is leopard.
    uninstall,reboot,and reinstall.
    the noise is have.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  12. DrunkenDonkey

DrunkenDonkey New Member

Sorry but I have to confirm it, badly distorted on SB Live (SB0222 10k1 d600). It its... strange - first starts playing the song correctly, then slowly increasing distortion to the level it is only a static, then slowing to clear sound, rinse and repeat. If I play with the volume I can force distortion-clear sound phases in seconds ;)
    Edit: it is the first time I install kxdrivers (man I so miss the clear sound and perfect bass that the 10 years old sb live gives compared to the built-in crap) so using 1.1b0 for sure and no old stuff

13. HJMac86

HJMac86 New Member

Blaster 5.1 vx con't work, why?

14. djsubject

djsubject New Member

thanks for the info :)

to those getting crackling still, i uninstalled the old driver first,

not sure if that makes a difference?

Subz

15. themax

themax New Member

In me sound blaster audigy 2 ZS, i don`t get distort after 10 min, all ok, the sound is too much treeble for me like.

I get 5.1 sound in movies (analog) by default the channels dosn`t correspond to the correct chanel, p.ex i listen the voice (center chanel) in the front left speaker, i fix this via midi app config, now the voice sound in center and all gone ,perfect, the only "issue" is that to "cristal" sound.

Mi midi config screen:

[​IMG]

16. pulsar79

pulsar79 New Member

Tested on Audigy 4 PRO card, now it works very well without sound distortion.
    Excellent ;)

17. shad0wca7

shad0wca7 New Member

I had run the uninstall script that came with the package before installing so I should have the right version.

Even after doing this and still getting the noise, I uninstalled again and rebooted just to make sure, then installed the new driver and the noise issue was still there.

Interestingly if I go into the audio/midi setup thing.. When I click on a speaker chanel to test the sound I get an extremely distorted white noise coming through the relevant speaker chanel even if an mp3 in the background is playing ok (although within a couple of minutes that mp3 will start to sound corrupted and then quickly get worse).

18. cjseriy

cjseriy New Member

I installed it on Mac OSX Leopard using SB Live 5.1. Appeares some distortion, in Logic Audio Express 7 vst synths like ES1 works but with delay and ts sounds, and messages like "Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI". I hope some time I will be able to use Logic with my SB Live on OSX Leopard.

19. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

to those experiencing the noise problems:

try deleting /system/libray/extensions/kxaudiodriver.kext and /system/library/extensions.mkext, rebooting, then reinstalling the 1.1b0 version of the drivers, then reboot again, test, and post your results

cjseriy: you're using logic express 7? what is your "I/O Buffer Setting" in preferences->audio-Devices-CoreAudio ?
    if it's set to high it will cause problems like you've mentioned - try setting it to 256 or 512 samples and report your results please

the VX is not a true Live! card, and doesn't have the 10k1 chip that kX uses

20. Eugene Gavrilov

for those experiencing noise issues:

install HALLab application (it comes with XCode, XCode is included with some OS X distros, as well as official OS X DVD, and is available from Apple as a free download). In HAL LAB capture 'Telemetry' output while playing an MP3 in iTunes. Telemetry should be launched as root on Leopard (go to terminal and sudo HAL Lab executable). Capture 'Telemetry' output during correct and distorted audio. Check for red rows.

E.