1.1b1 driver bugs

Discussion in 'MAC OS X Driver' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Sep 13, 2008.

1. TheKezReturns

TheKezReturns New Member

1.1b1 in 10.5.1 with 1820m.

Sound works and I can use logic.

Something is amiss with the gain/volume though. Like I barely have my headphone output above 0 and it's very loud and quite distorted. If I pull the volume slider down to almost nothing in the menu bar, I can turn up the headphone knob to about where I normally have it in windows with EMU driver.
    It however sounds very lofi like cheap converters, thin, tinny, harsh with no depth or bass.

It kinda sound like when you play 8 bit samples though a 16bit sound card. Tinny and aliased.

Or maybe pushing a 24bit stream though a 16bit hole, like bit's are being truncated somewhere. That would explain the huge volume increase and distortion..... but I'm just guessing.

2. danricci

danricci New Member

Delays and distortion still remains in SB Live 5.1(SB0102).My OsX is 10.5.5. Distortion after 3˜4 Mim. (1.1b1)

3. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

Îòâåò: 1.1b1 driver bugs

I wonder what exactly is the reason for the issue.
    The next driver build will come with certain DSP effects disabled. Pls confirm if this fixes the problem.

These are probably related to Leopard 'Sound' preference issue. At the moment I cannot reproduce/fix them.

Should be fixed in the next driver release. I cannot test this because my system does not support power management properly.

This is related to generic panic issue with 1.1b1.

What openal driver are you using?

What are the error codes? Any console dumps? etc. etc. etc.

Is this confirmed? Which card? Where are headphones connected into?

Quite strange bug.. probably related to #3.

E.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  4. TheKezReturns

TheKezReturns New Member

If it helps, I have no problem running logic with 1.1b1, provided my my initializes properly.

5. Oxtie

Oxtie Active Member

Re: Îòâåò: 1.1b1 driver bugs

Sure :drool:

I found that ASX (streaming Windows Media format via Quicktime) is playable without any problems (bbc news radio works ;) ) Maybe this is RealPlayer streaming specific problem? Another dude HaTaX confirmed not having problem with streaming radios (HERE)

This was reported on InsanelyMac (twice) so included it here ;) Although the game can be found there (you know where :D)

Straight after installation and setting up new VM and starting it, it said "CoreAudio failed to load" with some sun specific error code. It did not show this again (after restarting VM or PC) and sound never came either. This is kind of cool app because not all USB devices are supported by apple and this app captures those through virtual windows. I will reinstall OSX but currently my MBR (boot) is spoiled by Vista ugly format install :(

Audigy2ZS (035x) yet not confirmed by others (only me so far). The headphones were connected to my "headphones port" only one in my system (in front). kX for Win works perfect here :)
    in #3, the "thin" sound or whatever you call it, is present all the time while this bug comes only when volume exceeds certain peak (85% - 100%) ... I will upload a sound sample music so other may confirm....

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008