10.10 Catalyst Suite - Win 7 x64

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by richardhula, Oct 23, 2010.

1. richardhula

richardhula New Member

Very smooth installation on Acer TravelMate 6593G/HD 3470 - drivers updated without issue or reboot. Get it here

2. EAKMotorsports

EAKMotorsports New Member

good to you I didnt have the same luck. my toshiba didnt recognize the driver so i´m still on 10.7 that sucks.

3. LQDForce

LQDForce New Member

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  4. EAKMotorsports

I already download it and still no luck. the installer goes okay all away but only installs the manager and noting else.

5. LQDForce

LQDForce New Member

Tested today on 6 Sony VAIO notebooks, and 2 Toshiba i3/i5 notebooks.
    Works 100% without issues.

Don't give up on it.

Try complete uninstall of your previous drivers :
    Go to 'Add/Remove Programs' , select the ATi drivers package and click Modify. Use ATi's 'Express uninstall all ATi software'.

Reboot.

Use Guru3D's Driver Sweeper
    Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

Run it and remove all ATi files.

Reboot yet again.

Now, download the package file for your system, using one of the links I posted above.
    *Don't try to download these files from ATi website, else you will get only the CCC without the drivers ! Use my links above.

You can select Custom install, to make sure it installs the ATi driver as well.

When setup completes, you'll be asked to reboot for the last time, and you should be all set.

Make sure you're running 10.10 Catalyst - Go to CCC and select Information Center from the menu.

Please post your results.
    Good Luck !

6. EAKMotorsports

I followed the instructions every single step. but know its even worse. I´m now without any driver installed, fuck ati mobility and toshiba why those guys do that, this is disrespect to consumer.
    When I open the ATI Manager that show me no component at all installed, no hdmi drivers, no video drivers, noting. its easier to get molded driver that can make that s"%$ work.

7. LQDForce

LQDForce New Member

That is really weird..

Since you say no driver is loaded, did you try to install the INF manually?
    Using Device Manager, right click the graphics card and choose the INF file manually.

INF should be located in
    [SYSTEM DRIVE]:\ATI\Support\[*********]\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF

I really hope this will fix it for you.
    Otherwise, it seems the only option is to revert back to Toshiba drivers from their support website.

8. Spinnaker4567

Spinnaker4567 New Member

I'm surprised it worked for me since I have a Sony Vaio.
    Are these drivers modded because usually Vaio systems aren't supported.

However is it normal that my Radeon Mobility HD 4570 is shown as "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 Series" in the CCC??

Greetz Spinn

9. LQDForce

LQDForce New Member

Sony and Toshiba are not supported by ATi Mobility driver, so if you try to use ATi download tool to get the drivers, it will block you and won't let you download them.

But it will work if you download the driver manually and install them.
    This is not a modded driver, and the link is stored directly on ATi servers.
    It's just a workaround for this stupid 'blacklist' of Sony Vaio / Toshiba Satellite notebook computers.

Regarding 4500 series in CCC - Don't worry about it, it is perfectly normal.

10. reeven

reeven New Member

If you use Ati Mobility Drivers >10.5 for Toshiba laptops, videocard will be working in full clocks, at least for my hd2600, and no PowerPlay options.
    Old drivers like 9.6 will have of settings activate for Toshiba, but not 10.7-10.10.
    Also, any catalyst >10.5 crashes sistem, blue screen on win7 32 or 64.

Some Toshiba users say that 10.5 is the latest that work on toshiba...for me it work.

Blue screens appear at first startup of the computer on every day...when windows load, blue screen, with atidag... error, with 10.6 and newer, and also with some 9.xx drivers.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  11. blitz6804

blitz6804 Shocking, isn't it?

Yeah reeven, 10.5 works fine on my Toshiba HD 2600. Last driver that actually works, after that, I have problems. (Interesting because 10.5a is the last thing that works on my desktop. Anything newer and either crossfire or antialiasing break.)

12. reeven

reeven New Member

blitz6804, i send you message to ask something.

Today i installed 10.5, clocks are ok 500/800, with others drivers will be 600/800.
    No blue screens, no Internet Explorer freeze.
    Also, mobility settings appear in catalyst with 10.5, but with newer driver no.

I also installed catalyst 9.6 sb, it contain the latest sx6xxx driver for AHCI or IDE MODE.( install this only if you have an AMD board, not only amd video)

Blitz, what problems do you have with hd2600 and newer drivers then 10.5, except antialiasing break?

13. blitz6804

Random driver crashes (but not BSODs) and an inability to overclock.

14. Nitemares

Nitemares New Member

Nice LQD...thank you...worked fine with the suggested method for me. Uninstall...then driver sweeper....and used the Wind7 64 bit file you linked to. I have checked the info and it now shows 10.10. :) Thank you.

However, can I download and add the other files such as hydravision and avivo?

I still don't have the overclocking area unlocked like my desktop. Is that something Toshiba have done?

My system:-

Toshiba Satellite L650 / 07C, i5 430M, HD5650 with 1gb dedicated ram, Win 7 home premium 64 bit and 8gb ram.

15. blitz6804

Yes, you can add hyrdavision after installing the base package. Avivo will depend on your hardware; it will not let you install it if your chip is not supported. From my experience, no laptop has Catalyst Control Center with the overclock feature. I use MSI Afterburner myself, but I have also toyed with GPU Tool with some success.

16. Nitemares

Nitemares New Member

Thanks for the information......sad about the overclocking...just have to live with it.

Just tried the 10.11 update....no go.

I am back to 10.10 again. This is the most recent one that works.

17. LQDForce

LQDForce New Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  18. Aaron Em

Aaron Em New Member

If LQDForce's drivers don't work for you even after running that 3D Guru whatever-it's-called, try the instructions in my thread "How I installed a driver that ATI Mobility Modder doesn't support"; as long as you've got a driver version that supports your chipset, that method should work regardless of which manufacturer's hardware you're using.

(Yeah, yeah, it's not quite as simple as "run this, run that, done", and you'll actually need to use a few brain cells to figure out what you need to edit in the .inf file and how. My method does, though, have the minor advantage of working even when all the pre-packaged "do this for me cuz I don't know how" tools fail. And if you're not ready to make minor edits to an .inf file just to get your hardware working in the first place, then what the hell are you doing trying to overclock it, anyway?)

19. tfq

tfq New Member

The 10.11 drivers worked fine on a sony vaio with an ATI Mobility 4570.
    I did the clenup procedure that LQDForce advices.

Thx, this fixed a bug I had with the refresh rate with the previous driver and surely beats waiting for sony to release an update.

20. vekspec

vekspec New Member

Yup, same here, installed the lastest drivers on a Dell Studio with a HD 4570 card and had no problems. Used the modder for my previous 4 versions of the driver and none had issues. Thanks so much!!