1212m install procedure when kx hard&soft already inside.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PITmaster, Feb 5, 2007.

1. PITmaster

PITmaster New Member

Hi

May I have a advice from people who have new emu card and creative old hardware with kx drivers on system, how to install 1212m?
    Should I first remove my Audigy2 and EMUAPS and uninstall kx drivers?
    Else, will kx drivers unnecessarly find and install new hardware?

PITmaster

2. Sture

Sture New Member

Hi PITmaster!
    About a year ago I bought and installed the Emu 1820 and I am very pleased with the performance of the both card itself but also the Patchmix software. I am using it with the official Emu drivers/software and I successfully installed the Emu APS after with the kX drivers. I am using the APS synths for Soundfonts and the SPDIF output goes into the 1820 SPDIF Input. Works excellent.

Kind regards, Sture

3. PITmaster

PITmaster New Member

Yes.
    Do you hear any differences between APS and 1820?
    I hear sometimes, sometimes I do not. Not in general.
    I noticed ASIO performance decrease after switching to higher frequences 88.2, 96,...
    Did you too?
    The only improvement for me is ASIO 44.1/24 and I can only believe it cas I can't hear it in fact.
    EMU's EQs are useless, very simple compressor plugin, small peak meters, only stereo monitoring.
    I'm disappointed, little bit.

PITmaster

4. kuh

kuh New Member

5. Sture

Sture New Member

Hi PIT master,
    Yes, I hear a difference between the 1820 and APS, but it is mainly due to lower noise when recording via the microphone inputs and using phantom power. It is hard to say if the sound itself is different. Not very much I would say. But to a large degree, it is the software that is so much better and easy to use. I have only tried using 96kHz and 192kHz a couple of times, but did not really hear any difference. I still use 48kHz a lot for recording. I changed the default skin to (I think) what is called Light Blue and that makes a lot of difference with better visibility.

Sture

6. PITmaster

PITmaster New Member

Hmmm, thanks for your reply Sture.
    Tell me, please, do you noticed any asio performace decrease using 88.2 and higher frequences instead of 44.1 and 48? I do.

PITmaster