14-Month Calendar Project

Discussion in 'Heavenly Visions & Echoes' started by Dyre Straits, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I'm working on something I've never really put any attention or effort into before now. But, as I've been posting some really great sunsets over the years on FB, I've been encouraged to create a calender from some of these photos. So, for the past week or so, I've been gleaning through my photo collections and grabbing the best of the shots from each month.

The calendar I'm putting together is a 14-month calendar that starts with this coming Dec and goes through Jan, 2015. It's being printed on 11x17 glossy photo paper and has a photo that represents a sunset from that particular month...but from a previous year.

I have one person in particular who has offered to buy my first calendar. But, there's no way she can afford to pay the costs that would cover what I've spent in stock and ink. So, I'm likely to just donate the calendar to her and hope it brings some pleasure through the coming year.

And, if I do say so myself, it's looking really awesome!

2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Post the pics of the calendar when it's done!

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

The calendar was presented to recipient this evening. I didn't get a photo of it but I'm planning on putting at least one more together soon.

FTR, the gift of the calendar brought tears to her eyes. She is a very sweet lady. And, no, there's nothing going on between us. ;) But, her offer to buy my first calendar kinda put the wheels in motion and I thought, "Why not? I've got everything here to do it with. Just need good Executive Photo paper and a good supply of ink."

I took it up to FedEx Office/Kinko's the other night and got it coil bound.

EDIT: To see the photos that were selected, I've created an album here on HH:

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/members/304-dyre-straits/albums/236-sunsets-14-month-calendar/

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013