2.4c @ 3.5gig stable on air

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by satech2001, Sep 8, 2003.

1. satech2001

satech2001 New Member

Ok guys i have some photos to prove my written word.

I kn ow it isnt the OC of the year but im still new to the intel family and need to learn some more tweaking stuff but to get better performance on the system as it is...this meaning on aircooling not more extreme....yet.:evil:

It actually goes a little higher (3.590) but i want to post my Stable scores.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dom

Dom New Member

Wow! A 1.1Ghz OC! On air! Spectacular!

3. satech2001

satech2001 New Member

Thanks!!

But like i told some non believers....this combo of CPU and MOBO...RUXXORS!!!!!!!!

4. toddsmack2k

toddsmack2k It Never.....

Very sweet overclock and to put the cherry on top-ON AIR! Congrats man and now push it even harder ;)

5. DriveEuro

DriveEuro New Member

Well, i know that it's a 1.1 ghz overclock but people have been pulling that on XP1700s... I personally run a 900mhz overclock and I knoew several people that have pushed 2.6ghz on air.

6. satech2001

satech2001 New Member

Not the same friend.

the 1700+ is the same core as its bigger brothers with different multi/fsb and it allows you to go up there plus it runs at 1.5v

Lets see you do it with a 2100 palomino..

This chip as all intel chips have a fixed multi so all you have is the fsb witch makes it harder to OC in terms of overall sytem.

And if you look closly we are talking 3.5 gig not 2.5. which to do with a amd is impossible with air cooling (dont forget i had a amd system up to now).

If i had better ram im sure i could push it up a bit more (maybe in the 3.65 to 3.7 area) but thats not the point of this thread.

The point was the easy OC of this chip/mobo combo....and ofcourse the "bang for the buck" issue (a 3.5 gig cpu for the price of a 2.4...cant beat that)