2002-2003: dark years are comin' NV?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by T2k, May 9, 2002.

1. T2k

T2k Guest

I just wondering what kind of cool times are coming? :eek:

Matrox Parhelia: brutal specs, cards will arrive within 1-2 months

3DLabs-Creative: P10, a very powerful core based consumer cards before christmas...

ATI R300: after the release of NV30, as Orton said "will be beated by R300"... :)

All of these cards will be very-very powerful, has totally new architectural design, new standards. It seems the centers wanna change the forward... :)

End of the NV-kingdom? :cool:

2. WyreTheWolf

WyreTheWolf Wolfish Bastard

These are very good times! Haven't seen this type of competition since the old VooDoo / Geforce / Rage 128 days! It is about time that other players stood up. These are truely very good times to live in. :)

3. Jeff

Jeff Yarr... I be blind!

Agreed. :p

4. crescent_hawk

crescent_hawk New Member

Don't forget the SIS has their Xabers out they sould rock to.
    I wonder when S3 is going to try again?

5. T2k

T2k Guest

Re:

SiS is not a serious competitor. I mean, not in high-class... :)

S3 was bought by VIA few years ago. I don't believe they wanna risk a lot of money on desktop gfx business.

6. EvilFoo

EvilFoo New Member

Although all of these new video cards sound nice and fluffy, it will only bring chaos... CHAOS! I just can't begin to imagine the endless questions that will pop up on these and other forums!! I'm going to stay away as much as possible from these new cards...

7. IceCold

IceCold New Member

Re:

Tis good not to fall into the hype. But it will be nice to see 4 titans playing this game; and seeing NVIDIA getting beaten to the punch. It is quite possible Matrox will make a comeback, but just try to remember the days of them trying to push EMBM to be implemented into more games; and not long after the G400 went the way of the dodo, more titles started using the feature, just not as much, as there weren't a wide variety of graphics chips with EMBM support at the time. As Matrox's new technology will always somehow be tossed around.

SiS, on the other hand, while manufacturing popular motherboard chips, may probably have a last shot at the game, but it is not certain. If the Xabre goes the way of the 315, then SiS is better off in the integration market.

8. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

New Cards

It will be great to see the graphic companies chewing at each other's ankles for awhile. I just wonder what is driving this since the cards that are new today have little or no games that are able to make use of the technology available today. Why are they going to build and gouge us for top $$$$$$ for something that has nothing designed for it : (

On the other hand those GeForce 4's and Radeon 8500's should sure take a dive in price!!!

9. WyreTheWolf

WyreTheWolf Wolfish Bastard

10. Billy

Billy Guest

yeah I saw the news post on this forum, I always check it out day to day to see whats happening .. it looks cool doesnt it? really powerful card....!

11. IceCold

IceCold New Member

Yes, definitely a powerful card, after getting an email from Matrox the other day to check their page on this day.

Question is, is it probable that those features demonstrated by the Parhelia be utilized in a variety of games?

12. Ryoko

Ryoko American Soldier

every time a new card comes out, rumors are that it will faster than an nvidia card. that hasn't happened since the tnt... :rolleyes:

13. Billy

Billy Guest

my matrox millenium is better than most nvidia cards, so I doubt this forum will be getting much action. The R300 is the card to wait for, thats going to kick some serious ass.

14. 4thDimension

4thDimension New Member

Just like nividia knocked 3dfx off their throne, someone else will knock nvidia off theirs. ATI is their only true threat. Matrox and 3DLabs have yet to prove themselves as competitors in the gamers market.

15. Onde Pik

Onde Pik Rage3D Boy

Re:

Dependes on how you look at it really. The original RADEON was the overall fastest card in 32bit when it came out. Grated it sucked at 16bit, but who in their right mind played in 16bit anyway?

16. UberLord

UberLord A Legend in Underwear

Re:

ATI 8500 blew the fastest GF card away at the time - GF3 Ti500 IIRC :p

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffft

17. Ryoko

Ryoko American Soldier

Re:

umm no. the ti500 was faster than the 8500 until a few months ago. but by then, the gf4ti's were out.

18. Ryoko

Ryoko American Soldier

Re:

since i wasn't on the enthusiast scene at that time, i don't know if the radeon came before or after the gf2 gts. but the gts held off the radeon until the pro/ultra arrived.

19. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

The future is soooo stinking bright....

...I gotta turn the gamma down!

Seriously, the more the merrier! Competition will bring better/stronger/faster/more for cheaper, and even though I expect a myriad of new problems too...so what? That's what we're here for, ain't it? ;)

Said it before, I'll say it again; it's a stinking EXCELLENT time to be alive if'n you're a geek! (And I've been fortunate enough to have been saying it since '95 and don't see any reason to be changing the attitude any time in the near future! WE'RE LIVING START TREK!!!! :D )