2080 Ti - and question RGB FUSION and Gigabyte Xtreme Engine

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by sew333, Apr 13, 2020.

1. sew333

sew333 Member

Hello. I have 2080 Ti Aorus WAterforce Xtreme.

I installed RGB FUSION, Aorus Engine and Gigabyte Xtreme Engine.

Screen from Gigabyte Xtreme Engine.
    [​IMG]

My question is. Can i damage something or clocks can be changed without my interaction? I just installed and run programs but i dont touch clocks. Did they programs can mess with gpu clocks?

I ask because.
    RGB FUSION just changed my led colours to white without touching anything, without my interaction. I launched RGB FUSION and at start my leds was changed to white of mobo and monitor. Thx.
    So thats why i ask about 3d clocks.

2. Calliers

Calliers Side hustle: Mayor of Kenja Staff Member

My advice to you is this, if you are not going to overclock (with a 2080Ti you really DO NOT have to overclock unless you're doing something crazy like running 3 or 4 4K screens gaming at once), even if you have just the one or two 4K screens, the 2080Ti is beefy enough to handle that at regular clocks.

My guess is RGB FUSION set the RGB to the default, but it would not mess with your clocks, RGB FUSION is just for RGB colors alone, nothing else. You can use it to set your RGB colors, it won't affect your cards clock at all.

Just do yourself a favor and DO NOT overclock your card unless you know what you are doing, overclocking is better left to someone who has a better understanding of computers, or else you run the risk of damaging your hardware. Usually it's not recommended to fiddle with your clock speeds unless you've been building up and breaking down computers for 5 to 7 years -at least-. And even then you need to take care. You need to have solved a bunch of problems and errors and fixed your PC yourself for a long time to earn the right to overclock lol.

I'll put it to you this way, there isn't a game your system can't handle if the rest of it's specs are similar to the 2080Ti, not a game under the sun. You can play -any- game at 4K without having any problems at all. (except maybe Anthem, but then again Anthem is so poorly optimized and has so many bugs that it puts unnecessary stress on the system, I have a RTX 2080 and my system was nearly brought to it's knees, although the RTX 2080Ti is a hell of a lot more powerful than the RTX 2080)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  3. sew333

sew333 Member

RGB FUSION just changed my led colours to white without touching anything, without my interaction. I launched RGB FUSION and at start my leds was changed to white of mobo and monitor. Thx.
    So thats why i ask about 3d clocks,they was changed too or its not related to clocks? NO NO i dont wanna oc my card.

Calliers likes this.
  4. Calliers

Good. Ok don't worry you're safe. All RGB FUSION did was change the colors to white because that is it's default setting, so basically it was "taking over" as it were your PC's RGB colors, that is all. Now you should be able to use RGB FUSION to change your colors to whatever you like.

Side note, mentioned this in the other thread, don't install more than one program for changing RGB because they will conflict (fight each other). And then you get errors. You should be able to change every LED in your system with just RGB FUSION.

Again, another side note, don't expect the change to be permanent. I am able to change all my fans LEDs, my video card has none so its not included, but my RAM just listens for a while then does it's own thing, reverting back to it's default settings. RGB can sometimes just go and do it's own thing without caring how you want it to look depending on the component. If you're lucky this won't happen, but just to warn you.

5. sew333

sew333 Member

Yeah correct so thats why i ask.
    But that both programs will not mess with my gpu clocks without my interaction?like RGB changed without my interaction color to white

Calliers likes this.
  6. Calliers

No, the clocks won't change without your interaction. Don't worry. And it's okay, asking questions is what smart people do. Dumb people remain quiet and suffer in silence lol. Makes them look smart sometimes, but, at what cost? :D

7. sew333

sew333 Member

So FUSION only overwrited colours from stock to white and thats all? No change in card clocks without my interaction? ( RGB FUSION and GB Xtreme Engine )

8. Calliers

Yes. The colors are not connected to your GPU clock. Different circuitry on the motherboard completely. :)

9. sew333

sew333 Member

Oki. So if RGB FUSION change my colours without my interaction ( no changing by me ) ,gpu clocks will be not touched ?rgb fusion and xtreme engine gigabyte. Clocks are different thing?Last question thx

10. Calliers

Yes. I'll give an example. Your RAM operates at a certain speed, your CPU operates at a certain speed, your PSU provides a certain amount of power, basically they are all separate. Even your monitor operates at a certain refresh rate and resolution.

The clocks are basically how fast your video cards memory and processing unit work. When RGB FUSION changed the color it sent commands to the connectors your fans and RGB LEDs are connected to telling them "change color to white". This is why your Gigabyte Xtreme Engine says that nothing happened and is reporting 0 overclock numbers, because they have not been changed.

sew333 likes this.
  11. sew333

sew333 Member

<3 thanks just a bit worries, i never like oc, so a bit scared that maybe clocks changed too without my interaction.

12. Calliers

No you're fine. :)

sew333 likes this.
  13. sew333

sew333 Member

Thank you ,you are super guy :) :):)

Calliers likes this.
  14. Calliers

I try. ;)

15. sew333

sew333 Member

Hello. I am worried a little because somedoby said this to me:"
    Simply installing such bloatware might change clock speeds (and/or anything else), don't run/install crap = keep stability."

Listen to him?

16. QB71

QB71 Well-Known Member

If you are so worried about it... do a format and re-install windows and put your mind at ease...

QB

17. sew333

sew333 Member

When i launched first time RGB FUSION 2 it changed without my interaction led colours of mobo from orange to white. I dont know why. I dont change,just program itself change it. My question is. That was only related to colours led,nothing more? I ask because i am scaried about 3d clocks. I have Gigabyte Xtreme Engine installed too.
    So clocks was not touched then?

18. QB71

QB71 Well-Known Member

Your question has been answered at least 6 times above...

QB

19. sew333

sew333 Member

Ok last question. Like i said RGB FUSION change from orange to white. But i make setting to orange again in Windows,fine. But i have still white leds just before windows when i am booting pc. How to change to orange even before windows boot?

20. Calliers

Looks like that is the way it is set up. Since white is the default.