24 Gaming Marathon For Charity

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by BabylenTatarsky, Jan 30, 2015.

1. BabylenTatarsky

BabylenTatarsky Rocks Your Socks

What's happening, leaders of the world?

I'll tell you what's happening; I'ma play games non-stop for 24 hours and will stream the majority of it so strangers can watch. It'll be on my brothers Twitch TV channel.

But why? For charity of course! The Special Effect charity, as part of the GameBlast15 campaign. Here's a one minute video to explain it a little:

It'll be me (baz9torres), my brother (mike_83) and my mate (reidy3k3) and it'll either take place on Saturday 7th February or Saturday 28th February. I'll post to confirm the date closer to the time.

Fancy donating to the good cause? You can do so at the following link: https://www.justgiving.com/AkehurstTrio

Feel free to suggest any good co-op games for PS4 or PC, so we don't just end up playing Pro Evo all day. :D

2. BabylenTatarsky

Okay just a little update on this.
    We will be doing it on Saturday 28th February 2015 starting at 9am and hoping to finish at 9am on the Sunday.
    My brother's started to put together a list of games we might play over the course of the day. Here's a screenshot of it so far:
    [​IMG]
    I'm sure this will change a lot over the next few weeks.
    Also I've just realised I missed the word hour out of the thread title. Whoops! Haha.
    Anyway, if you'd like to donate to this great charity, again you can do so here: https://www.justgiving.com/AkehurstTrio
    We're currently on £40, which is 13% of our target. :)

3. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Please add League of Legends to your PC list. :p

4. BabylenTatarsky

5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

and i've still never had the chance to attend a lan party or play with friends really.. then again it would help if i had local friends .....

6. BabylenTatarsky

Well we did it, and finally put some of the highlights together on video. I'll add it below but I doubt you'll bother sitting through a ~90 minute video of strangers playing games, lol.

We've raised £247 for Special Effect, which we are all very proud of. Thank you if you donated. If you'd like to donate now we've done it, you can still do so at https://www.justgiving.com/akehursttrio/

A full list of games played during the day can be seen by going 1 hour, 26 minutes and 45 seconds into the video. :)

Dyre Straits likes this.
  7. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Good on you for doing something good for this world. :)