2400+ OC help

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Duranix, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Duranix

Duranix New Member

Hey, im starting to feel the pinch of a slow processor, so im going to OC it, but i have a few questions...

ive got a 2400+, and an Asus A7N8X-X mobo, and ive already OC'ed my 2400+ to 2.31ghz, how much higher can i push it? Ive got a good HSF, and i have a good case fan setup, but i have 1x 512mb stick of DDR333 and 1x 512mb stick of DDR400. I know its a bad idea to mix the ram, but i already have them plugged in... Oh, and my multiplier is unlocked.

so how high can i push my processor? Certain combinations dont like to work... Making me reset my mobo....

id like to push it to 2.4ghz -> 2.7 ghz... not much higher though.

2. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

First off seriously get rid of the stick of DDR333, its hurting your performance much more than its worth. Its limiting your FSB to 166MHz.

And is it a 2400+ mobile? if so, you might be able to get it to ~2.5GHz, but I doubt much higher than that. But its impossible to say, it might not even do 2.4GHz.

3. Duranix

Duranix New Member

well, i can put my FSB much higher than 166. At the moment, its on 201, and my multiplier is 11.5.

its not a mobile =(

so should i get rid of my ram and start again? Because its generic ram.... its running at 2.5/5/5/8.....

would new ram or watercooling be a better option?

4. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

you have to be running a memory divider then. Running 1:1 memory ratio is very important with Athlon XP systems.

If definately get better ram before watercooling.

5. Duranix

Duranix New Member

hmmm.. ive only got A$155...

and i wanna get a 2gb set...

6. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

seriously, like tulcakeme said, get all DDR400. Athlon XPs love that bandwith w/the 1:1 ratio running. Though, as high as you've been running your chip, i personally do not think that your chip will run any higher than that. But, if you get any more out of it, then your chip roxors :). Just to do some testing as to how far it can go, take out the 333 stick, and run only w/the 400 stick. OC it to it's last stable Hz, and that will tell you how high you can OC that waffer :D.

7. Duranix

Duranix New Member

is A$155 enough to get any good sets? I wanna get 2-2-2-5, and i wanna get 2 gig of it..

no money =(

atm i just have 512 mb of DDR333... and it really sucks.

I also have a 512mb of generic ddr400... so its really crap stuff... all generic.

I hate it when your parents make you get really crap stuff...

2.5-5-5-8 really sucks.

8. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

dunno, i'm not familiar w/Australian currency

9. Duranix

Duranix New Member

american currency is ~30% more than aus currency, so A$1 is about $1.30c

10. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

im not to sure, i could be wrong, but i highly doubt your gonna see 222x with 2 GB on an XP,even with 2T, especially with the board yer runnin having no alpha timings and all those other fun stability settings,(slew rate, drive strength). It seems with mine i have to compensate with a lil extra DIMM volts to keep stability with out being able to adjust the alphas and such, just my experiance.

if i were u id shoot for a 1 gig kit that will do 2.3.2.x @ 200 FSB, seems reasonable for that board with out expecting too much, and i guarentee youll see a performance gain.

Good Luck

11. Duranix

Duranix New Member

hmmmmm **** i got nerfed >.<"