3.8 Mass Hysteria!

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by **G.I.BRO**, Oct 24, 2003.

1. **G.I.BRO**

**G.I.BRO** To Have and to Hold

Been super fantastic busy all week, but I finally was able to have a day off! While catching up on my weekly emails and readings, I just came across this in which should place the final nail in this whole mass hysteria about the 3.8's blowing up monitors.
    Be sure to read the full article which is found here

Thanks goes to Sander Sassen from Hardware Analysis

2. brc64

brc64 Zeeky H. Bomb

I heard that if you install the 3.8's, your computer will transmit an alien signal to a ship in orbit around the planet, and little grey men will come down to vaporize your computer with their rayguns. :eek:

You do believe everything you read on the Internet, right? ;)

- Me

3. **G.I.BRO**

**G.I.BRO** To Have and to Hold

I knew they where up there!!!

OMGOMGOMG hi2u Mr.Aliens!!!!
    :rofl:

4. vbawol

vbawol New Member

There is something about the new 3.8 drivers and the "VPU recovery" that can cause refresh rate problems. I was doing a little overclocking of my computers cpu "not the gpu" and several times i would get the VPU recovery popup saying that there was a problem and the vpu reset. but opon rebooting and and trying to load a game my refresh rate all of a sudden got thrown over the "threshold" @ something like 15 khz X 17hz so my monitor said. rebooted again tryed to play the same game and got the VPU recovery thing, couple minutes after that the refresh rate went over threshold again and same low refresh rate as before. I can see where if my monitor didnt have the "refresh rate over threshold " thing, that this type of thing could possibly cause a failure in a older/cheaper monitor. It seems that a total system instabillity might be the cause for my results. In all my overclocking events in the past no matter how instable the overclock using pre cat 3.8 drivers ive never had the refresh rate over threshold, leading me to belive that there just might be a problem with the vpu recovery part of the 3.8 drivers.

just my three cents

peace

[VB]AWOL

oh ya video card : radeon 9700 pro buit by ATI