3538 and iTouch bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by daPyr0x, Sep 9, 2005.

1. daPyr0x

daPyr0x New Member

There is something in the 3538 drivers that cause it to reboot the computer rather randomly when using the volume control on my iTouch keyboard.

If the computer has been on for a while (>1 day), at a random occurance (I could never figure out exactly what had to change for it to happen) when trying to change the volume the computer would crash and reboot. I know this was not an iTouch problem as I went through a full reinstall numerous times and got nothing; and have since gone back to using the 3537 drivers and have no such issue with the volume control on them. Not sure exactly what caused this, but it was a definite issue, and rather consistent too.

2. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

try enabling or disabling the option "Multimedia Keyboard enabled" under the settings menu of the kX tray icon

3. daPyr0x

daPyr0x New Member

Huh, you know I never noticed that setting in there at all. It's always been turned off (in 3537 and 3538) and I never had problems. Tomorrow I'll try reinstalling 3538 and see what kind of happenings I get with it turned on...

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

BTW: I use iTouch version 2.22.289 with my Logitech wireless keyboard (using Windows XP), and have not had any problems with kX like you describe (and I leave my computer on most of the time, and the kX multimedia keyboard option is disabled).