3538i problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blento, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Blento

Blento New Member

...first i have problem with text to speech recognition ....it's just not working ...
    dont know is it KX driver incompatibility or other thing?
    now i tried with 3537 ..but it's not working too..

So question...to all kxdriver users....does it work text to speech on your computers?

Second..and it seems to all have it....in Guitar Pro 4.0 ...with 3538 version i dont have DRUMS in it.....other way..i dont have drums in any midi program...

2. Blento

Blento New Member

Ok..i see that other people have problems with drums....got to check it out...

3. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

Version 3538h - doesnt have the midi ch.10 missing problem. - it is also a known problem. - as you found out.

What text to speech are you using - XP's? (or is it office that installed that..?? - I dont know if what one I do have loaded works cuz I never tried it. Yup - the one I have does work. - sounds just as bad - but thats not KX's fault - its the speech gen technology they used from 30 years ago.

4. Blento

Blento New Member

I got back to old driver..and it's fine now..
    In games sound is much better now.

Yes i tryed to use speech in XP..it didnt work...but i installed from office 2003....and it doeasnt work too....so i dont get what it might be the problem...if it works at you...

5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

In GP4, I set the drum channels to use the 'Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth' and it works fine (with 3538i). You just need to delay the kX Synths a bit to get the drums to sync up. i.e. The MS Synth is on FxBus(0/1) and the Kx Synth's are on FxBus(2/3), so I add a delay to FxBus(2/3) and adjust the delay time until the drums are in sync with the rest of the tracks in GP4.

I use the "Delay B" plugin for the delay, set as follows:
    Dry: 0%
    Wet: 100%
    Time: 15%
    Panning 50%

You may have to use a different 'Time' setting than what I use, as the speed of your system may have an effect using a SW Synth.

As for the Text to speech issue I have not tried it, so I am not sure what issues may exist, but I would check the various threads about setting up the microphone, to make sure you have kX setup correctly for using the mic with such applications, etc.

6. Doug W

Doug W Active Member

I set up the MSAgent free text to speech thing on my Mother's computer since she finds computer print hard to read. I originally downloaded the stuff onto one of my computers with Win 98SE and kX drivers. When I first tried to install the Text to speech software, something got hosed up and my sound card stopped working.

The problem was with some INI file releated to the MSAgent games, (don't remember which), When that was sorted out the sound card started working again and the Text To Speech stuff worked.

Don't know if this sounds at all like your problem.

But in answer to your question..YES kX does work with Text to Speech software.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  7. Blento

Blento New Member

When i swiched to old driver i played Americas Army game..and i saw..ok better word is "heard" a huge differences!!...
    Old driver gives much better sound..but with 3538i sound is strange....you hear mostly wind and other sounds (dependts where are you..wich map) like water...phone ringin...electic generator...buts sounds that are importaint like footsteps..you cant hear sometimes at all..moste times only when you put speakers so loud.....but then ears starts to hurt cause of strong wind..

Anyway Im sticking to old driver for now....even thou im sorry ..cause there were some coole effects with 3538i and some new plugins...