3538j released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Feb 1, 2006.

1. osm0sis

osm0sis Member

yeah, it's not a regular thing. i had them happen to me quite frequently for a week straight but i haven't had one for months now. no idea why.

2. NightBreed

NightBreed New Member

I noticed that the front of this thread states gsif2.0 is partialy supported without midi in/out.

Am I wrong or is gigastudio 3 orchestra GSIF2.0? If that's the case, then I'm able to do mini in atleast that's what I'm doing atm. I have the gsif support going through my sblive kx driver enabled sound card.

3. memi

memi New Member

You guys are doing good work out there. Was just about to buy me the TerraTec Phase 28...but thanx to kX I saved the money and improved my Audigy 2 ZS. TNX!!!!!

4. thorhajo

thorhajo New Member

I'm anciously waiting for Eugene to finish A2ZS support. Tried e-mailing him, but never got a reply (been waiting for weeks), offering to help him in any way I could. Creative's official drivers are fine, and 16/48 recording is okay, but it won't let me record in 24/96 without unmuting the line input, and it keeps forcing the volume to about +6 dB in the mixer. Sometimes it even mutes the input when I hit Record and nothing is recorded. What I want is to record, with ASIO, at 24/96, monitoring the recording through SONAR. I'm willing to donate money to speed development. I wonder how much 150 dollars would get me?

5. adi111p

adi111p Sound Quality Freak

Great new version

I only had now the time to play a bit with this new version, and here are my observations:

- seems that the old bug in 24/96 Router is still there (if one of these 2 paths: 10kx->I2S, P16V->I2S; is one enabled and one disabled, the next time I open 24/96 router it will display the activation status viceversa)

- I could make my A2 playback at 192KHz (shown in I2S status also) via KernelStreaming

- I could use KernelStreaming in 24/96KHz mode only in 2 channels mode, (if 4 or 6 KS will report a problem), but it does work in 16/48 (2,4,6,8 channels). This seems a problem in KX, because in Creative's drivers it works (PS: please anyone don't recommend to switch to creative's drivers, my point is just to report what i discovered, and creative's output in KS 24/96 works in 96KHz, but i doubt the 24 bit since I found that their drivers are doing some processing even in KernelStreaming, while via KX drivers the output is clearly better)

I used for testing Microsoft's example on how to playback via KernelStreaming, modified accordingly...

Eugene: please could you make some comments on the last issue? (i'm not sure about how KX needs the data, i used 24bit packed in 32bit, 96KHz and KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_QUAD flag used when trying 4channels, but CreateRenderPin returns null)

6. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

GSIF2:
    MIDI-In/Out won't be supported (who needs that?..)
    --
    thorhajo:

I'm afraid I haven't received your e-mails due to spam filter. Moreover, I don't check our kxproject e-mail often. Unfortunately, the problem is not with money, but with time. asio 24/96 cannot be easily implemented without some architectural re-designs. I guess you can still try ASIO4ALL driver for 24/96 mastering

E.

7. glenjen

glenjen New Member

gigastudio newbie

Hi everyone.... I recently bought a Gigastudio Solo soft sampler and thought that I would have to get a different sound card for my PC that would support GSIF. After doing a little bit of searching on the internet, I came across the KX Project. It sounded like an answer to save me some money, by downloading the driver update for my SoundBlaster Live 5.1 soundcard (SB01070). After downloading, I was going to install it and when I followed the instructions, I could not find my soundcard listed as one that could use the driver...Am I wrong about this, or did I miss something? Can anyone help me out? Thanks...G

8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Not sure about the SB01070. It appears to be a Dell OEM model, in which case it may use completely different hardware, and as such may not be compatible. I guess the only way to know for sure is to give it a try. WHen it asks you which driver to use, try "kX 10k1 Audio ("3538") - Generic" and see if it works for you.

9. glenjen

glenjen New Member

Thanks Russ, but I did try one with a similar number to mine, and my computer shut off after giving me a scary message.... I did a system restore, and it seems I'm back to normal. I'm not surethat I want to press my luck, tho...I'm not one of those guys who knows too much about how a computer does (or doesn't) work, so I would kind of like a definitive answer on this before messing around anymore....G

10. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I understand, but you might not get a definitive answer (unless someone knows the hardware used on that model, or has tried kX with that model themselves, etc).

Previous DELL OEM models (i.e. SB020x models) were not supported, so it is very possible that it is the same with this one.

11. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

@Eugene, it might be good to add a couple generic sliders to the Windows Mixer Recording page, that can be assigned to DSP registers the same way that the MicIn and LineIn (Windows Mixer) sliders can be used. Just a suggestion...

12. Owiec

Owiec New Member

Hi

Hi!

Someone could answer me why sometimes when i change volume on my kX3538j driver my PC just reset!?Anyone had similiar problem?Is it possible that's fault of my multimedia settings, cause i changed speaker settings from 5.1 to 2.0?
    I've got Soundblaster Live! 5.1 sound card(sb0222).

btw.why i cant use HPh Lt and HPh on surrounder+ settings on my soundcard?

13. swebarb

swebarb New Member

May i ask will Audigy4 work better with this driver then creatives ? they are crap if you ask me and they dont update drivers for that card anymore.

14. diamond73

diamond73 New Member

Is there no support for audigy SE ? i got a message when I try to install 3538i and 3538j that there is no support,but there was not that message with 3537 relase,but install failed.

what is the problem ?

15. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

16. NightBreed

NightBreed New Member

The reasoning behind the restart with the volume slider is already known. ATM, there's no solution to it other then check to see if you have the multimedia keyboard setting enabled. Disabling this stopped weird behaviors with my system and KX

I use the latest Giga studio with normal creative drivers at one point, going via rewire. I used bidule at the time to connect it, I think.