3550 bug reports

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

please post your bug reports here
    both x86 and x64 versions

if your problem requires discussion or detailed explanation, please start a separate topic and post a link with a brief description here

previous reports: x86 and x64

E.

2. Kreol

Kreol New Member

Îòâåò: 3550 bug reports

With the latest drivers works only back or front speakers in the audio players and other programs. When the test device by means Windows, the sound is there in all speakers.

Win 7 x64, 4Gb RAM. Live! 5.1. Audio system - 5.1.

ps Thanks for your work!

3. takesea

takesea New Member

win7 x64, 2gb ram, audigy 2 zs, 5.1 speaker.

I can not change audio channel number. The default installed audio channel is 8. I can not change it in sound panel on windows7 (I made setting 5.1 channel in KX Mixer). And there is much of nosy when i play ARMA2(game). It did not happen when I played the game on Win XP x86 with KX driver ver. 3541.
    It is not work at all when i click ASIO menu in pop-up list of KX Mixer.

But it works very well with foobar2000, and the sound quality is wonderfull.

Anyway, Thanks a lot

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  4. sphx

sphx New Member

Works perfect on win7 OEM 4gb ram. Thanks E.

Multimedia keyboard works on desktop, but does'nt work when some window is focused.

edit: solved after first restart.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  5. hapbt

hapbt New Member

woooooooooo yeah!!!!!!!!!
    finally!!! works awesome in x64 windows 7 w/ 6gb ram on audigy gold

i knew eugene would figure it out sooner or later :)
    thats almost 10 years now i will have been using kx drivers
    since whenever they initially came out and i was running them on my sb live

still got alot of clicks and pops but i assume i just need to tune my buffer sizes and whatnot

6. SilentSource

SilentSource New Member

I have problems getting this driver to work.
    The driver itself seems to install correctly, but I can't get any sound whatsoever.
    I've tried to switch playback devices in the Sound-settings, but that doesn't help. :tears:

I'm completely clueless as to what could be the issue, so any help would be very much appreciated!

Here's my system specs...

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8600
    RAM: 8 Gb
    MB: ASUS P5K-E WiFi/AP
    SC: Audigy 2 ZS (SB0350 10k2)

Thanks!

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Which output jack are you using for your speakers?

8. dj-gutz

dj-gutz New Member

Please fix the asio hibernation bug :\

9. subiculum

subiculum New Member

First of all, let me send Eugene large congrats and many thanks on finally making the driver not to crash Windows 7 x86 in a maximum of 10 minutes usage with my 4GB of RAM.
    A very important factor in my configuration, that I am using a patched version of the PAE kernel, which circumvents Microsoft's soft-limit even though PAE addressing is enabled, so Windows can use all the RAM up to 128GB.
    At the time I have been reading the article about this trick written by the software analyst expert guy who discovered (unfortunately I failed to dig up the URL right now) the deliberate limitation in all Windows 32-bit kernels, also the way how to bypass it on Windows 7, he mentioned why Microsoft implements such a limitation, and it was said that Microsoft's official reason for disabling higher memory access is that some drivers were not designed to handle PAE addressing, although very much the minority of the drivers are affected in it, but letting Windows address the whole memory would cause these affected drivers to commit invalid operations, and thus crash the operating system.

Can this be the case with kX on Win7 too?

Previously, with version 3549 I have tried both kernels, I mean the stock 7600.16385 kernel, and the patched unlimited one.

But now, I am using patched 7600.20510, and when kX 3550 is installed, it still causes some kind of corruption, particularly I have random program crashes at random times with crash code c0000005. However it works fine most of the time and its not causing early BSODs, like version 3549 used to.
    It started the random crashes after I installed kX version 3550.

So can it be that kX 3550 needs another fix to comply with fully enabled (unlimited) PAE addressing?

I am using kX 3550 on Windows 7 kernel build 7600.20510 with "Readyfor4GB" patch applied, my sound card is CT4832.
    Motherboard: MSI P43 Neo (Intel P43 Express chipset).

If I get some slightest kind of relevant response to my post, I will post every detail and screenshots too, I just need to know if I am totally wrong about my assumption and I would need to look for something else causing my crashes, or actually am groping at the right place why they can happen.

So can anyone (preferably Eugene) please answer me? I would like to use all my RAM, and I prefer to stay on x86, mainly because I have other hardware and software which would not work on the 64-bit version.
    Thank you for your attention.

10. krylko

krylko New Member

Eugene and the crew, thanks for 3550 x64 release! It was long awaited. I finally have sound under Win 7 x64 with 4 gigs of RAM. Now I have one other problem. Namely, after a while sound playback starts popping and cracking. I have raised Playback Buffer Size to the max (17.05 ms) and experimented with various settings, but the problem persists. It gets better immediately after setting the playback buffer size to > 8 ms, but then it starts popping/cracking soon after then it goes away and then it's back again.

DebugView shows nothing.

@hapbat: Did you figure out what caused popping for you? I too tried tuning the playback buffers, but not successfully. I'd appreciate any insight.

11. gooday

gooday New Member

Windows 7 RTM CT4620 4.1 soundcard ,4GB RAM ,kx 3550 x86

it begins Ok, but after sometime, the sound became cracky or not so smoothly.

at last, I use profx plugin to build a set for my own and solved the prolem.

12. mr_duke

mr_duke New Member

Îòâåò: 3550 bug reports

First of all, thank you Eugene for you work! kxDriver is really an awesome thing!

My usage report.

WinXP SP3 x86, Core 2 Duo E8500 CPU, 4G DRAM, Audigy2 soundcard (SB0244)
    Almost everything works as expected. There are two issues:
    - playback via WaveHQ doesn't work; I've got the following error message from WinAmp:
    Unsupported PCM format (44100 Hz, 16 bits per sample, 2 channels)
    Error code: 32
    Windows error message:
    "The specified format is not supported or cannot betranslated. Use the capabilities function to determine the supportedformats".
    - (very minor) the help doesn't reflect the most recent changes inthe driver (for example, there is no more Wave8/9 device, since now wehave Wave0/1, Wave2/3, Wave4/5, Wave6/7).

Windows 7 x86 (the same hardware)
    3550 is the first version which works in my configuration. So I'mvery glad to confirm there is no more >2Gb issue! The most featureswork normally (wave/direct sound/MIDI) playback, routing features,soundfont management and so on). But there are some issues:
    - FXBus #0/1 don't produce any audio data regardless of the speakerconfiguration, default playback device setting in the control panel,'swap front/rear' option etc. In my setup 'Master Mixer' is selected asa default device, 'swap front/rear' is off, 'route headphones toCenter/Subwoofer' is off, no changes in the default kxRouter setting.I've found that the audio stream for unknown reason (?) comes fromFXBus#4/5.
    - WaveHQ playback doesn't work (see above);
    - it seems there is a problem with DirectSound/EAX hardware support. RightMark 3DSound v2.3 reports:

Device: Master Mixer (kX 10k2 Audio (3550) - Generic)
    ({0.0.0.00000000}.{5fc37481-1e3c-4c7d-8de0-2dc301702473})

Features:
    Device has not enough hardware 2D buffers
    Device has not enough hardware 3D buffers
    EAX 1.0: N/A
    EAX 2.0: N/A
    EAX 3.0: N/A
    EAX 4.0: N/A
    EAX 5.0: N/A

The games with DirectSound3D/EAX support (which works normally inWinXP with 3550) can't detect DirectSound3D & EAX features whenrunning in Win7.

13. Max M.

Max M. h/h member-shmember

14. krylko

krylko New Member

I have the same problem. Can you please give some guidance on what you did to solve it? Posting your preset would be even better. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  15. mr_duke

mr_duke New Member

16. krylko

krylko New Member

I managed to get rid of the clicking problem.
    1) I went with the defaults on the buffer (256KB/8352/16384/4 buffers/256 samples)
    2) I switched from Master Mixer to 2/3. Note: Master mixer is probably the culprit for clicking, buffers and FX Bus only add to the problem. Another note: I was stupid enough to forget to switch my speakers to a proper jack when I switched from Master Mixer to 2/3, hence I had no sound coming from ProFX src on 2/3.
    3) I switched from FXBus and Epilog to ProFX src and k2lt. See the attached screenshot for my superbasic DSP setup. I only need 2.0 at this point, so you will probably have to build on this setup if you want other stuff.

Still, for people with no clicking/cracking/popping, are you all outputting to 2/3 instead of Master Mixer?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  17. Jean-Jacques51290

Jean-Jacques51290 New Member

Re : 3550 bug reports

Hi all

Sorry i'm french...
    xcuse my english XD
    KX mixer don't work :(

Drivers are ok sound ok too
    It's a 3549 version, my sound card is Creative SB Live Value CT4670 !

Windows 7
    Athlon 64 X2 6000+
    Motherboard MSI KA780G
    Ram ddr2 Gskill 800
    Graphic card ATI 4870

Error message on startup win 7 is:

---> Error initializing sound card !

Please help ! XD

Thanks all for good job !!!!!!!!

18. Chester01

Chester01 New Member

do the Src plugins allow for 24 bit audio passtrough? Usually I use FxbusX... I have noticed that in the 'advanced' tab in the "wave out 2/3 properties" things are locked to 2 channel, 16bit 48000 Hz; how can this be changed to 24 bit?

19. timberwoof

timberwoof New Member

Sound: sb live! 5.1
    (with 5.1 analog speakers)

Basic sound works, but I’m having issues with "speaker setup" - in 5.1 mode "use subwoofer output" doesn’t affect the sound (in 2.1 it does). Also I’ve encountered that games freeze eventually with this driver repeating last played sound many times (but I still can kill the game using task mamager).

Update: changed default sound to SPDIF/AC3 and "subwoofer" and "surround" settings seems to be working. Dunno why SPDIF —*I don’t have any SPDIF speakers, but it works :)

20. krylko

krylko New Member

I think that the stuff in the 'advanced' tab is valid only when you use the card in shared mode (which allows you to have sound across your applications). In exclusive mode (if allowed), it should be 24bit by default if your hardware supports. This is just a speculation on my side as I am not really sure how Windows 7 handles sound. It's obviously different from Vista and XP and I can't say I like the way it is. With my onboard sound, I had to switch the exclusive mode thing on and off, as I wouldn't get sound in two or more applications at the same time. The drivers for my onboard sound were for Vista x64, so that may have been the problem. With kx, I don't have these problems, all applications produce sound even if exclusive mode is on. Not sure if kX bypasses that setting somehow. And back to your question, not really sure if ProFX src allows 24bit passthrough, but maybe you don't have to switch from FXBus to ProFX, if you don't experience any clicking then you don't need to switch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.