3550 bug reports

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coursing

coursing New Member

Hi Takesea, I'm running win7 x64 with a2zs and 8G RAM.
    But I can not open the ASIO control panel at all, and I can not use ASIO output in foobar 0.9 either.
    Which version of foobar are you using, and how to setup?
    Should I have to register the kxasio.dll manually?
    Which regsvr32.exe should I use?

2. krylko

krylko New Member

I know nothing about foobar, but could it be that foobar is 32bit? AFAIK, you can't use x64 ASIO in 32bit hosts. If all you see is something like Creative ASIO not enabled when you go to your ASIO Control Panel, then that is the problem -> x64 ASIO requires x64 host.

3. coursing

coursing New Member

I'm not very clear, actually, I just want to open the ASIO Control Panel in kx menu, but it doesn't work(no response at all). Takesea said he could use foobar with kxasio, and he could not open ASIO Control panel either, so I wonder how he could do that.
    Is the foobar come to be the x64 host? no foobar no ASIO Control Panel? Absolutely not!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  4. takesea

takesea New Member

I use foobar2000 v0.9.6.9. I chose "Master Mixer(kx 10k2 Audio (3500)" as Output Device in Playback in Preferences in file menu in main windows tool bar of foobar2000. That's all. I didn't install any plugin yet and there is no any special manual setting.

I could not see anything about ASIO in foobar2000 v0.9.6.9. But in the previous ver. of foobar2000 I could make configure ASIO when I use WIN XP x86 and I could find about AISO in the KX driver. I guess it cause that KX driver in my PC does not have ASIO or have something worng with AISO in X64 windows system.
    Anyway, now I can enjoy with KX driver and foobar2000.

IS there anybody who help me how can I make setup 5.1 in windows audio panel? It does not change to 5.1 from 8 channel.(of cause I set 5.1 in kx driver speaker setting.)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  5. Ino

Ino New Member

AW: 3550 bug reports

Can't activate AC-3 Passthruu. It is set OFF by default. And i have no option to set it ON.

Windows 7 x64. 4GB, Audigy 2 ZS

6. nicksond

nicksond New Member

Îòâåò: 3550 bug reports

Don't play midi and karaoke files!!! SF load ok. Sound present, but squeak is a crack. System: win7x64+2Gb+Audigy4. On win7x86 - all ok...

7. uncoupled

uncoupled New Member

Win 7 x64, 4Gb RAM. Live 4670.
    sorry for my pool English
    here is my problem:
    When I install your driver(3550),at frist,ererything is ok ,but at last ,my system is crash down and i can`t restart it with normal way,i must use the "install dvd" to "fix reinstall".
    did anyone just like me?
    btw:should I must use "vista mode" to run the install file?
    thx for your drivers. or in my language-------;)谢谢你;)

8. LyyNx

LyyNx New Member

i have no idea what could possibly be the cause for this, but here we go:

3550 worked fine in win7 x64 with 4gb of ram and audigy2 plat. now, with the same hardware and winxp x86 i get complete system lockups whenever i try to play some audio. the lockups occur only once per play, meaning if i press play, it locks up for a minute or two and then plays fine. the next lockup occurs only on song change. i'm guessing there's a problem somewhere in the opening of the device. the svchost.exe for DcomLaunch has cpu usage of 100% during that time.

tried asio in foobar2000 and that worked fine.

3545 works fine.

9. coursing

coursing New Member

I'm using win7 x64 with 8G ram.The driver works fine.
    Before starting your installation, please uninstall all of your old drivers completely, and compatible mode needless.
    BTW, did you download the correct version of x64 driver?

10. uncoupled

uncoupled New Member

"all of my old drivers",you mean....my ac97`s drivers?or consisting of all my drivers like my video card and the else?
    I`m sure that`s the correct
    THX :D

11. Daioh

Daioh New Member

Windows Vista x64, 4GB, Audigy2 ZS

Okay, it does NOT work well here.
    After installing, the default decive is the HQ output, which usually works. However, Vista now thinks it has no sound (a 'no sound' icon in the task bar. When I play sounds, there is only sound coming from the 'rear' output and the subwoofer output. This is in both 2.1 and 4.1. In 5.1 there is only sound coming from the front middle speaker and the subwoofer.

After this I tried to change the audio output to one of the other mixers. Now I don't have any sound at all! Something is happening though, because I can see the decibel meter device next to the mixer move up and down together with the music. Having concluded that this does not work for me, I tried to change the mixer back to the HQ output. Strangely enough, Windows Vista does not allow me to do so anymore, the option is simply greyed out.

There is something seriously wrong with this driver!

12. geraldandreas

geraldandreas KX-Driver Lover

ProFX source in 3550 is not working, any idea why?

13. Lex Nahumury

Lex Nahumury DH Senior Member

14. geraldandreas

geraldandreas KX-Driver Lover

hy Lex

it was the included version, but with the version for 3550 from your site, everything is working again.
    a very big thank you for your excellent ProFX tools

15. qzwxec

qzwxec New Member

Windows 7 x64, 4GB Ram, SB Live 5.1 [SB0222 10k1]

On vista everything was working ok but after i upgraded (clean install i mean) to windows 7 sound is crackling - even after i increase buffers. someone even suggested that i should change my PCI LATENCY in bios (that didn't help either). So all in all new drivers are great except for that annoying crackling sound every few seconds ;/

If anyone could suggest something, please do

16. Sarma

Sarma New Member

17. kikkoman

kikkoman New Member

18. ggoodesa

ggoodesa New Member

Hi,
    I'm trying to install the KX driver 3550 Beta version on Windows 7 64-bit but get a Card not recognized error. The card is the Soundblaster Live! 5.1 (SB0222 10k1). It installs with the 3548 Beta, but without the Game/Midi port driver.
    Should I try to upgrade to the 3550 version from the 3548 to see if that works? And is there a game port driver yet?
    Thanks,
    Graham

19. at0m

at0m New Member

Hey! :)
    I'm using Audigy 2 ZS Platinum (SB0350 10k2) with 2.1 conf on WinXP SP3 with <2Gb RAM.
    I've migrate from 3545 to 3550 and downgrade to 3549 with no results. Well, the problem is freezing while changing song (AIMP 2 v2.60 b507). 3550 same as 3549 freeze. Only mouse moving available. Buffer tricks helped not, another conf by default.

20. Les^P@ul

Les^P@ul New Member

Timbre (bass/treble) not working on my SB live DE 5.1 & Win 7 X86 Enterprise.... please help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.