3550 bug reports

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Febe

Febe New Member

I have the same problem with Win7 64bit, 4GB RAM, Audigy 2 ZS (SB0350).
    Kxmixer.exe eats all the memory available, causing the system to hang/freeze. This makes working with the DSP almost useless.

2. sleamey

sleamey New Member

Hi, everybody!
    I've just decided to try win7 x64, so, I found a bug with 3550 - volume knob on the breakout box of my A2Pl Ex doesn't work and changing volume via remote control doesn't work too (other RC functionality works just fine). When turning knob or pressing volume buttons "volume level bar" appears but looks a bit broken and there is no effect on actual volume. Also "mute" button doesn't work in the same way.
    Under XP SP3 all works fine for about 4 months.

Any suggestions?
    Pentium Dual Core, 4GB RAM, SB0280

3. thomasabarnes

thomasabarnes Long Time ***** Friend

Hi sleamey:

I believe this is an issue that has been reported.

As a work around:

1) If you're using the kX Default DSP, you can use the volume buttons/knobs on a multimedia keyboard to control the volume.

2) If you use a custom DSP setup, use the Master Volume Plugin and the Master Volume Companion by Russ to control the master volume with the volume control on a multimedia keyboard.

The plug in by Russ can be found here: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/effects-dsp/133301-new-master-volume-plugin.html

4. sleamey

sleamey New Member

thomasabarnes, thanx!
    Sorry for not finding report about this issue (i've tried, honestly:rolleyes:)

But really, this is hardly a workaround for me since:
    1) I don't have a mm keyboard (oh, I know, they're cheap, but...)
    2) ...keyboard is nothing like remote control - it's pretty huge and not remote ;)

Anyway, these plugins can be really useful, so thnx once again!

5. thomasabarnes

thomasabarnes Long Time ***** Friend

Hi:

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit, 6GB RAM, Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro.

Sorry if this has already been reported.

.3550 causes DXdiag to pop up the error: "Error: Problem getting extra sound info"

At first, I thought it was a meaningless error, but I discovered something is going wrong because of it.

I suspect the game Call of Duty World at War will not start/load due to something related to this error. I had to remove the 3550 driver and my 0360 device from the PC to get DXdiag to run without yielding the error mentioned above. But, COD WAW loads without issue, now.

It's wierd that this one game has an issue loading when 3550 is installed because all my other games load and audio playback is OK.

6. dioskey

dioskey New Member

Audigy2ZS & XPx64

First of all... i'm new so.... NICE TO MEET YOU!!! ;)

I'm here for a little problem... i installed latest kxproject drivers 3550 for my Audigy 2 ZS and something is really wrong with it... it always says "Error initializing DirectSound"...

My OS is Windows XP x64 SP2... and i have 3gb of ram (i tell this for the latest fix for pc with more than 2 gb).

If anyone can help...!

Thanks!!!

7. net147

net147 New Member

I'm having a problem on Windows 7 with Sound Blaster Live! (CT4830) card. I can't play any mono audio through the Master Mixer. This means I can't hear any voice clips through MSN. :tears: Plays through Wave Out 2/3 fine though. :bleh:

Another workaround is to open the DSP, edit the Surrounder+ and set Surround to Copy.

8. gpbeta

gpbeta New Member

problems with HQ Device while foobar playback(Audigy 2 ZS/96000HZ/32bit)
    foobar shows "Unrecoverable playback error: KS output error: error opening device" when i choose ks output
    &
    "Unrecoverable playback error: Incorrect parameter (0x80070057)" when i choose ds output

but it really works on 3538 version

many thanks & looking forward the new version :)

9. vikflash

vikflash New Member

This only happens if I select SPDIF/AC3 output.
    Waveout selected the bug don't happen

10. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

@vlkflash
    The kX AC3 decoder is known to cause BSOD's at times. Just use a different decoder (e.g. DVD software usually has it's own decoder, or you could use AC3Filter, etc).

11. NicoBerg

NicoBerg New Member

Hello, I just want to report, that on my new Windows 7 64-bits PC soundfonts don't work but give an awful noise. I use the Creative Audigy 2 Platinum EX soundcard. I hope it can be fixed! When KX works, it is a great and very useful program! (I used it in Windows XP. I use version 3550.

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

13. John141

John141 New Member

This is a known issue and you can find lots of feedback by searching on these themes. In summary, the 64 bit kX driver is not compatible with soundfonts, I experience the same problem. Instead I use SampleLord as a software SF2 player, it is cheap and very effective with little latency.

14. wami2080

wami2080 New Member

Aps asio bug

Always thank U

I am APS user

WIN7 64bit 8GB RAM GIGABYTE EP45

APS can`t work ASIO

and can`t find Spdif in/out :tears:

15. net147

net147 New Member

If I double-click FXMix2 or Mono Mix in kX DSP, kxmixer.exe ends up eating all of my RAM, system starts swapping and then the whole system is unresponsive (have to do a hard reboot). This is on Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate with 8 GB of RAM with CT4832 10k1 and SB0243 10k2 installed. It works if I only have 2 GB of RAM installed.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  16. Kikecheap

Kikecheap New Member

Hi everybody,my name is Kike and I´m new in this forum;my problem is simple and it happens both in a W7 x 64 and W7 X 86 partitions that I have in my AMD athlon X2 system (8 GB ram);the Kx install of the 3550 version is flawless in both OS,giving the card full functionality BUT any app that is able to work with ASIO,does not detect the ASIO driverset (sequencers,stand-alone plugins....),and,what is more annoying,the "ASIO control panel" in the "Settings" menu of the KX icon in the taskbar,once selected,does not reveal the ASIO panel...don´t know if it´s a soft or hard related problem (by the way I´m using an SB live value CT 4870)..hope that someone could enlighten me with this,thanks.

EDIT:The card is not fully functional as I stated above,sorry,I can´t record with it,even with w7 x 86,recognising tne "Kx 10k1 Audio(3550)-Generic" recording device as present;all the playback tasks(MP3,wav,flac...) are done right.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  17. monohouse

monohouse New Member

18. Clayman1979

Clayman1979 New Member

19. maoumaou

maoumaou New Member

Hello everyone. Windows 7 x64 4GB RAM

Has anyone resolved the issue with the system crash when trying to access the plugin settings in the dsp(double click)?

So far I've seen problems with the Gain plugin, the ST Vol plugin and for me I'm having the same issue with the Mono mix plugin.

This is basic guys. I use dsp as a Xover to my sub to blend with my system and now I cannot adjust anything. And I don't want to use ASIO and VST plugins instead.

Thanks

Attached Files:

• dsp.gif
      dsp.gif
      File size:
      134 KB
      Views:
  20. buncan

buncan New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.