3550 released - x86 and x64

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

What I was referring to were APS MIDI port drivers, maybe from their site or a driver disk...... I don't have an EMU card so I'm not sure how their MIDI port is configured. Creative cards work with nothing additional for XP..... not sure about Win7 64 bit though.

2. sdb

sdb New Member

I am having trouble installing 3550 X86. This computer has sound on the motherboard, but I have disabled it in the BIOS. The card is an Audigy 2 ZS, I have never installed any driver for this card in this machine.

What I did:

1) I downloaded the complete package for X86
    2) I made a restore point.
    3) I ran the setup program.
    4) At the end, the program told me to now reboot, with some additional instructions.
    5) When I reboot, I get a message that the sound card initialization failed.

The driver appears to be installed. In the Device Manager, the card is reported as kX 10k2 Audio (3550 - Generic, and the driver version is 5.10.0.3550, with date of 9/17/2009 and provider Eugene Gavrilov.

I have tried reinstalling it, but without success. If any one has some idea to help, I would be so very grateful to you.

Thanks a lot,
    Scott

3. TravelRec.

TravelRec. Alternative Audioproductions

Try to pull the card out and put it in again or try another PCI slot. A2ZS should work fine with kX, have one here. What is the OS you are using?

4. sdb

sdb New Member

Hi TravelRec,

I'm using WindowsXP Pro. The firewire driver for that card gets installed, so I think the card is seated properly, but I will try some other positions.

Thanks a lot.
    Scott

5. Nethan

Nethan New Member

Just to update it.

It seems that it happens anyway whatever the XP 64 used.

I tried with 3 CDs of XP 64 SP2 :
    - An home-made updated CDs that I made by nLite
    - 5eraph's Windows XP x64 post-SP2 Update Pack (a pack of updates) + nLite <<< To cover the "I am doing the updates wrong" possibility
    - An original XP 64 SP2, so no updates.

The kX driver versions used was 3548 and 3550, and the others drivers installed was ATI Catalyst, ATI SMBUS, and the one for the network (Realtek). The hardware is an Asus M4A79XTD Evo as the motherboard (with internal sound chip disabled), a Phenom II X4 955 (BE), 4 Gb Ram, a Radeon 5770, with an Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS.

In all cases, I get memory leaks, and sometimes the computer can be frozen because Windows fill all the free space he can as virtual memory, making me lose control of the system.

As I get the same problem with the original CD, there is something wrong. I don't know if it is because a conflict with the others drivers (according to the hardware manager, all is fine) or kX itself, but I failed to find a solution. I don't have the knowledge to track it.

Actually, the only way for me to use kX, is to return on XP 32.

6. ivanlaszik

ivanlaszik New Member

Hy guys,
    So now that this current driver version is compatible with all the current windows versions, there is no more updates coming out?
    I do think that there are many more bugs to fix, and new features to add. Can`t think of any at the moment. I`m quite pleased with the current status, but it has to evolve else it will be forgotten and it will die, and I don`t want that to happen.
    KX is amazing.

Cheers y`all,
    Ivan.

7. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

Îòâåò: 3550 released - x86 and x64

guys, 3551 is finally out
    version 3550 is no longer supported...

E.

8. Ilhu

Ilhu New Member

Why i cant hear anything, the instalation was correct in my windows 7 32bits but i cant hear anything

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Swap front and rear??? Default is the rear speaker jack.

10. stam11

stam11 New Member

SB Live! 5.1, Win8, 64õ - çâóê åñòü, íî êõ ìèêøåð íå îòêðûâàåòñÿ. íå âèäèò êàðòó. À òàê âñå çàìå÷àòåëüíî!

11. AleXH

AleXH Member

Ãîâîðÿò, åñëè êÕ ìèêøåðó óêàçàòü ñîâìåñòèìîñòü ñ 7-îé, òî áóäåò ðàáîòàòü.