3550 released - x86 and x64

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Often an OEM card will be printed SB0XX0 but be recognized SB0XX8 (or 2, 4, 9 etc.) that last digit seems to be an OEM designation. (CT4XX0 cards are similar in this regard) I always go with the driver chosen by KX... it's seems to know better than I do, which is the right one. ;)

2. curro1b

curro1b New Member

But the driver sometimes show SB0228, sometimes SB0229, with the same card.. :duh:
    EDIT: Soundcard was broken.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  3. Tyrsonswood

I've never experienced it myself, but I've read that the eeprom can get corrupt and show incorrect version or "no version"....... Odd that it would "switch" though.

Did you try an un-install and re-install of the drivers?

4. curro1b

curro1b New Member

Yes, I tried to uninstall and reinstall several times the Kx in windows7.

I'll try to install XP (clean install), to test if the soundcard is correctly detected by the Creative driver, and the Kx driver also.

Thanks.

EDIT: I tried it in XP (32), with it's Creative drivers, and this soundcard seems to be broken.
    Kx detected it as "SB0246 10k2", but the installed installs "kx 10k1 audio (3550) - generic".
    I tested in another PCI slot, also.

5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Is it "kx 10k1 audio (3550) - generic" or is "kx 10k2 audio (3550) - generic"?

BTW: This seems to be normal behavior with the new kX versions. If you look at the kx.inf, you will see that it no longer listes every model, but rather only has the generic names. However, kxmixer still shows correct model info (assuming it is a model recognized by kX), as does the Windows Control Panel (for MIDI/WAV devices, etc).

6. RIV@NVX

RIV@NVX Freedom is a feature.

There were card with broken EEPROMs which worked, so that's most likely not an issue here. It apparently got shocked in some way that both EEPROM and something else got destoryed, and that's why it doesn't work.

7. SeraphicGate

SeraphicGate New Member

Is this normal? I'm using these new drivers on Windows Vista x64 and the Kx Mixer page only has off options and the other drop down boxes are empty. Does direct recording still work? It does not seem to be able to be turned on.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9771/28469352.jpg

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Looks like a bug to me...

I guess that is what Ino was talking about in this thread...

BTW: It is all normal for me on Windows XP SP2 (32 Bit).

9. Tyrsonswood

I get a similar looking mixer in Win7 32 bit with a live card, I haven't tried any recording with that system though so I don't know what may/may not work. Is probably a bug...... shouldn't be that way

10. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Hmm, with a Live! model, you should not even see those combo boxes (since they do not support such things).

Note: Again, with Windows XP SP2 (32 Bit), all is normal for me with both of my cards (SB0090, SB0228).

11. SeraphicGate

SeraphicGate New Member

I had no problems with the older drivers on XP 32bit as well.
    For these new drivers though, on Vista x64, in order to get any order, I had to switch Wave Out HQ to Master Mixer, so not sure if that is why my Kx Mixer is messed. It doesn't set me set Wave Out HQ back to default playback device.

12. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

No, that should not cause that behavior.

BTW: Make sure that you post a Bug Report about this (the mixer issue), as Eugene may not read every post in this thread.

13. SeraphicGate

SeraphicGate New Member

I'm trying to use Daniel K's creative driver pack with Creative WaveStudio 7 in Vista x64 with 4GB memory (these drivers are based off creative's official ones). But the recording from s/pdif has popping noise in it. I think this is due to using 4GB of memory? I plan on installing 8GB soon, need a way to do direct recording in vista x64...

Made a post in bug forum.

14. c0nstantine

c0nstantine New Member

So.. W7 x64 RTM, 4Gb RAM, SB0220, aaaaaaaand..all OK! =) without "magic" with buffer's size! yeh, now if u listen any stereo signal, only 2 speakers (& sub) will work. But if u realy want 5.1 in the stereo signal (are u seriously? =)) it will not a problem if u know smth about kxDSP ;) Aaand respect u for it, kx-Team! =)

15. MEXXX`

MEXXX` New Member

Is ASIO working in Windows 7?

The ASIO control panel won't show up and Thuneau Allocator says there is no ASIO driver present.

EDIT: I see other have this problem too. I have tried regsvr32 and it says it registers OK, but even after multiple restarts ASIO still isn't showing up. I forgot to mention this is with 32bit Win7.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  16. subiculum

subiculum New Member

No ASIO Control Panel whatever suggested method I tried. Doesn't anyone know how the ASIO control panel is called? If there is a reference for it in the registry, maybe that can be broken (bad GUID or similar stuff I am thinking of...) :(

3550, CT4832, Win7 x86 7600 (w/updated kernel b#20510).

17. thiagodm

thiagodm Member

I would like to thank you so much. Your Drivers saved me today. Btw. Win7 64 sblive value

18. ReWired

ReWired New Member

@ subiculum
    Search in the Registry for the following KEY:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\kX\ASIO
    and look inside.
    If you see values OTHER than 0 - I can't help you.
    But if all values are 0 - then deleting whole ASIO key and closing the Regedit MAY help, but use it on your own risk.
    This method helped a long time ago, when we have some little troubles with UFX installer.
    Read more here:
    http://www.driverheaven.net/asio/138403-kx-asio-not-working-asio-control-panel-will-not-open.html

19. djole82

djole82 New Member

My system:
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    kx 3550 drivers
    Hardware:
    10k1 based Soundblaster Live! 5.1 (SB0060)
    leadtek winfast 2000xp expert tv card (connected on aux and working)

When i test speakers i get "failed to create sound" message, i hear sound when i play music and all speakers works when i play 5,1 movie, but i cant setup microphone to work on skype.

This is the first time to use this drivers, always used original creative drivers for XP 32-bit; All these settings in this drivers confuses me, what should i use and how to setup everything to work (i don't use SPIDF)

20. Sarma

Sarma New Member

Hm...first of all thank you VERY MUCH!!! Finally a "No Blue Screen driver".

Works fine.

I think i have managed to work out click problem, just increased size of buffer, but...

I see many people asked, but non of them got an answer.
    There is no 5.1 sound when i listen music...i can manage only 2 speakers to work(front\rear\subcen) they don`t work together as one device, like they worked when i used XP(now on x86 win7-7600)...

Can we somehow fix this using software included, set it up somehow, or is it because of the driver?
    Thank you in forward.

edit:

Update: changed default sound to SPDIF/AC3 and "subwoofer" and "surround" settings seems to be working. Dunno why SPDIF —*I don’t have any SPDIF speakers, but it works.

original post http://www.driverheaven.net/bug-reports/189826-3550-bug-reports.html#post1296540

THANK YOU TIMBEEEEEER!!!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009