3550 released - x86 and x64

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Sep 18, 2009.

1. mrvomit

mrvomit Active Member

For Xp 32bit ,
    has any sense using latest one (like less latency or whatever)?

Scrolling i see just tweaks and stuff for vista /7 or 64bit users.
    --Think i have 3549 if i remember correctly.

2. kikkoman

kikkoman New Member

i finally managed to fix the broken ASIO control panel.
    --on Win 7 Professional, 32bit, A2ZS (SB0350)
    at this point i can't remember if i had installed the Creative driver manually a while ago or if it came with windows.
    anyway, there was a CTASIO.dll in the system32 folder and a few entries in the registry pointing to it, causing the Creative (thus non-working) ASIO panel to open when an app tried to access ASIO.
    removing the file and all related reg entries fixed this, but still no kx ASIO panel. driver reinstall wouldn't help.

to make it work, you have to
    a) add the kX folder to PATH or copy its content to an existing PATH folder (e.g. windows\system32\)
    b) open the registry, go to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    and create a string (any name, since load order doesn't seem to matter) with the value "regsvr32 /s kxasio.dll".
    c) make sure the other ASIO registry values mentioned above
    (in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\kX\ASIO) are correct, which was the case here.

et voilà. this should do the trick.
    for some reason, manually registering kxasio.dll via cmd (even before starting kxmixer) doesn't work, it has to be done via autorun.

apparently, the driver installation routine forgets to create this string in some cases.
    this could be related to the existing ctasio.dll.
    i can't reproduce the error until the next OS install, so maybe someone can verify this.

3. djole82

djole82 New Member

can anybody help me please?

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

5. djole82

djole82 New Member

5.1 speaker selection...

And also i have the problem with speaker selection, in kx mixer i can not setup my speakers as 5.1, it shows that i have 7.1 which i do not have.

6. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Note: The above needs to be done from an elevated command prompt.

(I think this might not be necessary if you run the kX installer as administrator (i.e. right/secondary click -> "Run as administrator"))

7. SvenR

SvenR New Member

Hey.

I have a problem with Eindows 7. Can´t work all 6 speakers together, center and subw. works but if i choise then i can but work front or rear but not together.

My computer sec.:
    Tower: Xaser III

PSU:Forton Blue Storm II 500W

CPU:
    Opteron 144 Venus 12@ 9x331,1MHz 1,39V

MBt: DFI LanParty nF4 SLI-DR HT x2,5, LTD Bus 1,3V, Chipset 1,6V

Memory: 2x1GB Corsair XMS@458,4MHz 3-3-3-8 2,74V

HDD: 2xSeagate Barracuda ST3320620AS 320G

GPU: Club 3D GF7900GS 256MB G71 Rev2 535,5GPU/760MEM

Optical drive: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S162A + Sunbeam 20-in-1 Superior Panel - 5.25" Silver memorycard reader

HeliSound: Creative SB Live 5.1 (SB0222) + Logitech X530 5.1speakers

Op.System.: Win 7 Ultimate

Cooling: Swiftech MCP650 pump, Watercool - HeatKiller CPU, Thermaltake CL-W0038 - Copper VGA Waterblock, Thermaltake W3 NB Waterblock, Aquarius2 Reservuar, Thermaltake Big Water 12cm Radiator 120x120x25 with Thermaltake TT-1225T fan, Thermaltake Big Water 24cm Radiator 240x120x25 with Nexus D125L-12 fan and Colorful CF-1212025LB Thermal cortrol fan.

8. Les^P@ul

Les^P@ul New Member

help....

Timbre (bass/treble) not working on my SB live DE 5.1 & Win 7 X86 Enterprise.... i moved the sliders up and down and nothing happened... please help :)

9. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

The only (likely) reason the plugin would not work would be because the signal is not going through it (check for a signal on the 'Peak' plugin). Check which device you are using for audio playback (it is probably using Wave 4/5 or Wave 6/7 when it should be Master Mixer), or use a custom DSP config.

10. SvenR

SvenR New Member

Enyone :confused:

11. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

12. golliver

golliver New Member

unfortunately, registration to this forum came too late for me.

but here's what i managed to find out before i switched to another sound card.

before 3550, only driver that worked with over 4gb for me was 3545 and they were working flawlessly under 2003r2 server 32bit with /PAE.

i finally switched to w7 x64 ultimate to see if 3550 works, but i realized all was too good to be true :(

to see ASIO control panel, you have to start kx mixer in "elevated" mode (right click on it and select run as administrator, or properties/compatibility/run as administrator)
    anyway, current kx (i think of 3550) has only xy-bit ASIO for the operatin system that it's installed in: 32bit in 32bit win and 64bit in 64bit windows.

only way for 32bit applications to use ASIO in 64bit enviroment is for ASIO driver to support both 64bit and 32bit operation.

as i can see, some of the manufacturers that make sound cards with ASIO 64bit support also have in their drivers support for 32bit applications in 64bit enviroment, like MOTU, ECHO...

for now, 3550 ASIO works only in x64 applications in x64 windows. no trick mentioned here worked.

also, i've been experiencing same "bugs/or not" as some other people on this forum with missing icons on kxmixer.

i've been using audigy2 and 8gb of ram in w7 x64 ultimate.

Eugene: thanks for the great drivers all these years :)

cheers

13. moha

moha New Member

Hi You All!

I'm halfway so solve my Audigy 2 ZS - Win7 conflict using KX 3550. For today I've got brilliant sound out of my card. But I'm not able to give life to the line-in and other inputs of the card, so I can't use my turntable via pre-amp.
    I tryed the recording mixer, but silence only everywhere. What do I have to do?

14. Gidralisk

Gidralisk New Member

Dear developers,

I Have a problem with Bass Redirection, it does not work.
    My Subwuffer speaker get full range of sound :(
    Its very hard to listen :)

Please help

Thanks
    Pavel Demchuk

15. tawer

tawer New Member

Îòâåò: 3550 released - x86 and x64

Eugene Gavrilov, windows 2000 not supported in this version kx driver?

16. CyberNick

CyberNick New Member

Hello, i have same problem:
    W7 Ultimate 64x, sound card: Audigi2(in kx SB244 10k2 [e880]" v.5, 10, 00, 3550 - debug Sep 18 2009 02:45:44")
    RAM: 3*2Gb DDR3
    I have noise, snap in my speakers. When i first install W7 i decided to try soundcard on motherboard(Asus P6T SE chip:ALC1200) and it has very low sound quality. It was a noise when i drag a window or scroll a page. Then i download latest KX driver. It was better, but still had some noise. I read about output 4/5 in DSP and made it as default output. It solve mostly about 80% of noise problem, but it still remained some.
    I heard that it may be 'cause of CPU technology like Cool'n'Quite , that noise came when CPU drop or raise bus speed. I trace bus speed in CPU-Z. When CPU switch bus speed it doesn't make any noise. And some trick about buffer size doesn't make any sense.

May be i lost something or making wrong???(((( that noise make my crazy when i try to see film or listen music

17. zithen

zithen New Member

I installed by accident the x64 drivers on my windows 7 64bit, intel Core i5 system.

I was running into sound problems (pops, breaks, "No Audio Device is installed" where the volume control is). I then uninstalled the drivers and attempted to install Creative drivers. But now I cannot install those drivers or the x86 kx drivers on my system. In the Device Manager, it just says "Multimedia Driver Controller." Properties: "No drivers are installed for this device." No data is available under properties. It always encounters errors when installing any driver.

Anyway to solve this problem? I used Driver Sweeper and CCleaner. But to no avail.

Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thank you so much for your help.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  18. mobomofo

mobomofo New Member

Beauty job on the new drivers Eugene! Now if I just had ASIO working in my 32 bit apps in Windows 7 64. All would be good then....... if I could find a decent job!

19. Angelao87

Angelao87 New Member

Hello i'm italian and i'm new in this forum.
    Please help meeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!
    i don't speak english very well and i'm not expert with personal computerso reply me with simple phrases.
    I have a windows 7 x86 and a sound blaster live basic 4.1(i think ct4670).
    i downloaded new driver but my sound card don't work...Why?
    in the post is written :
    soundfonts may not work properly, because sfman32.dll requires kxapi.dll, which is no longer in the system32 folder. Add kX folder to your PATH to solve the problem
    * as earlier, 'speaker test' will NOT work in Vista/Windows7
    * you may need to increase kX buffer size in Windows7/Vista to avoid clicks

What does it mean "add kxfolder to your path"? where is kxapi.dll? and how i must increase kx buffer size in win 7?
    Please can you explain me step by step how i can install the driver?
    Thank's a lot (if you can answer also on my e mail: angelao_1@hotmail.it)

20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

First, if you are using analog speakers make sure you are plugged into the "rear" jack (The black one) and set the default output device to "spdif/ac3" in Windows. You shouldn't need to change the buffers with this default setting.

Don't worry about the speaker test function, it's not needed if everything else is working. (and in Win7 there's no way to make it work properly)

For the path statement, if you aren't using sound fonts you don't need to add anything. If you are then try this.

"From the desktop, right-click My Computer and click Properties.

In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.

In the Advanced section, click the Environment Variables button.

Finally, in the Environment Variables window, highlight the Path variable in the Systems Variable section and click the Edit button. Add or modify the path lines with the paths you wish the computer to access. Each different directory is separated with a semicolon."