3550 released - x86 and x64

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Noedar

Noedar New Member

My PC hangs after some minutes playback of music with this version.

I'm using Win XP SP3 with 4GB RAM.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Noedar.... add this to the bug report thread and add as much detail as you can. (speaker setup, programs that are running when it locks up, etc.) There are a few other XP users having similar issues over there. http://www.driverheaven.net/bug-reports/189826-3550-bug-reports.html Not sure if it's the same issue you are having or not. It could just be something in your setup too, but we need a few more details.

I've got this version working fine on XP here, several different systems, so it can work great.

3. Angelao87

Angelao87 New Member

excuse me but i don't understand very well the reply...i explain you my situation: i have a creative sound blaster live basic ct4670 with creative speker 4.1...i have nothing driver installed for this sound card and in the rear jack of the sound card is linked the black one and the green one in their respective jack...
    Now how can i do?
    I have windows 7 x86
    excuse me but i install the driver but it doesn't work
    specially i don't understand this step that you said me:

From the desktop, right-click My Computer and click Properties.

In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.

In the Advanced section, click the Environment Variables button.

Finally, in the Environment Variables window, highlight the Path variable in the Systems Variable section and click the Edit button. Add or modify the path lines with the paths you wish the computer to access. Each different directory is separated with a semicolon."

where is environment variable button? and what is the paths i wish the computer to access?

please explain me step by step with simple reply beacause i don't spek english very well and i'm not expert with pc...
    for each step explain me how can i do it
    Thank's a lot

4. Tyrsonswood

Angelao87,

For right now don't worry about the "path" statement, that's not going to stop the drivers from working and producing sound. (this can be dealt with later) I take it you are getting no sound. We need to get you some sound first, correct?

A few questions......

Were there any errors during the driver install?

Does your motherboard have built in sound? If so Windows may be trying to use that instead of the Sound Blaster card. If you go to control panel/sound what is selected as your default device?

And just to clarify, you are wanting to use 4 speakers (front/rear) correct?

5. Angelao87

Angelao87 New Member

You are fantastic Tyrsonswood...thanks thanks thanks!
    So during the installation there are not errors; i don't understand "does your motherboard have built in sound" i have an "asus P5K se"; and in the control panel is selected "Digital audio S/PDIF"; finally yes, i want to use four speaker and one buffer (4.1).....
    all of this is before the installation of the driver
    Thanks Help me

6. Tyrsonswood

Okay...... Yes your motherboard has Realtek ALC883 onboard sound (it's built in to the motherboard) This is okay but may give you more options for selected device and we need to choose the proper device.

Make sure the device you select in control panel/sound has "KX 10k1 audio (3550)" noted and SPDIF/AC3 should give you good sound. You may have the realtek spdif selected instead.

7. Angelao87

Angelao87 New Member

Hi....i installed the driver and i selected SPIDF/AC3 in the control panel....in the properties say that sound card works correctly but...............................really it doesn't work absolutely
    I think that i must change sound card with a newer

8. Tyrsonswood

In windows 7 device manager (where you made the selection) did any of the channels show green bars? There are VU meters there in that menu now that show signal. If there's no signal on any of the "KX audio" choices it could be a bad card or a conflict with another device, you could try a different PCI slot if there's one available.

If none of this works then a newer card may be in order, or use the onboard Realtek..... that may push 4:1 sound and sound decent.

9. Angelao87

Angelao87 New Member

how i can use the on board realtek?
    i need drivers?
    how can i connect speaker to the onboard realtek?

10. Tyrsonswood

For your board you will have to search by model number, P5K SE, all the drivers and manuals will be available...... You can search in your native language also I believe. There should be all you need to know and the drivers there for the onboard sound. You may need some other drivers from there as well, like chipset/motherboard drivers, USB, etc.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

11. Angelao87

Angelao87 New Member

Fantastic sound card work!!!!!!!
    for resolve the problem i change the location of the jack of the buffer and it work....so what was the problem of the path?

12. Tyrsonswood

Glad you got it working. How does it sound? And what jacks, settings, ended up working for you?

The "path" issue doesn't seem come up much but what you are adding is the directory that the KX drivers are installed into. That should be C:\Program files\kX Audio Driver\3550 The instructions above will get you to a place where you can add that folder to the existing path.

From what I understand, You may not need this unless you have problems with programs that use soundfonts. If you're not creating music via MIDI it may not be needed at all to do anything with the path.

13. profi

profi New Member

At first...great drivers and we thank you!
    I'm having a problem with this one...i can't get sound out of the SPDIF when DD or DTS is involved...i can listen to mp3 though via SPDIF!i think i must say that with the excact same hardware and 3541 DTS and DD were workin!i've tried SPDIF 0 1 2 but nothin...the pop up image of SPDIF passtrough apears but no sound!(also if the SPDIF is set to non active i get a BSOD but maybe this is a bug).
    My sound card is SB0090 and the SPDIF is at the front panel of the card!
    Any ideas?i would be thankfull...

14. paunovic

paunovic New Member

tnx......... !!!!!!!!!!!!

15. stylus02

stylus02 New Member

hi eugene,

version 3550 x86 runs good on windows 7 ultimate with a pair of 2 audigy 2 zs (sb 0350).
    thx for adding kx modular & microeffects. when there are (important) updates i drop you a message. :)

btw: had problems with compiling my plugins under 3550 with vc6. (need new headers like inttypes.h, stdint.h..). hope we will find a way to treat vc6 working with the newest driver sdk.

stylus

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  16. blitter2

blitter2 New Member

Does the 4.1 and 5.1 speaker options work on kx mixer with this release?
    I have manually registered asio and it worked.
    I want to use Traktor Pro dj program on windows 7 and need the 2 output of
    Live 5.1! to work at the same time. Green and black color output.

17. Tyrsonswood

So, you mean 4 speaker output? Yeah should be no problem, you will set KX mixer to 4.1 with no subwoofer. this give two "identical" stereo channels.

18. Pravoslav

Pravoslav New Member

Re : 3550 released - x86 and x64

Hi,

Firstly, i would like to thanks E. Gavrilov for his hard work to keep SB users going on using their sound card in the best way.

I have just a problem, i don't know if it's a bug or not, so i ask here, not in the bug report topic.

I have a SB0350 (a2zs) card on my pc, used with kX 3550, i can use the Wave HQ device neither for playback nor capture. I've check documentations and i've tried to change the p16v routing mode but the combobox stay desesperatly blank.
    Is my SB0350 defective, or it can't use p16v due to hardware/driver limitations ? Using for example 24/96 capture or playback is possible on SB0350 or just a "misleading marketing" ?
    Also, i haven't encoutered any other problem with the standard wave device, all is well.

Thks.

Oh, i forget : my config is AMD Athlon X2 4200+ 4 Gb of RAM.

19. harrimaki

harrimaki New Member

I have Win 7 64-bit + Sound Blaster Live!. I installed the 3550 64-bit version. The installation process went just fine but I'm hearing no sound. I played with the front and rear jacks but that didn't solve the problem. Any ideas?

20. Tyrsonswood

What output do you have selected in windows audio panel? Play something while you are in there and you will see the VU meters showing signal