3551 bugs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Re: AW: 3551 bugs

This is probably related to the routing bug (of stereo audio) with Master Mixer on Vista/7. (i.e. in the default DSP config, Surrounder (basically) expects that stereo audio will come from FxBus 0/1).

That is expected behavior. The only multichannel outputs are Wave 0/1 / Master Mixer (and equivalent WaveHQ device). (The SPDIF/AC3 output is intended for stereo PCM or AC3 (utilizing the sound card's SPDIF output (assuming the kX AC3 decoder is not enabled))).

As indicated in a previous post, WaveHQ requires a custom DSP config in order to utilize certain DSP plugins (like Surrounder). i.e. In order to avoid resampling, etc, WaveHQ bypasses the DSP (thus no DSP effects). However, WaveHQ can be routed to the DSP via P16v plugin (and 26/96 router), but (IIRC) the default config only routes P16v to reverb/chorus... for Surrounder to work with WaveHQ, it (P16v plugin) would need to be connected to Surrounder with the appropriate channels connected to the appropriate inputs on Surrounder, etc. (along with the appropriate settings in 24/96 router).

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  2. johnsmith1

johnsmith1 New Member

Just thought I'd chime in with regards to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" entry being wrong. I went from a fully uninstalled 3548 to this 3551 Alpha, and the installer made the following entry:

"C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\kxmixer.exe --startup"

where {username} is of course resolved to your actual username.

before I detected this, ASIO wasn't working at all. Manually registering the kxasio.dll made ASIO work but a manually opened kxmixer could not open the ASIO Control Panel, and some of my setting would not stick after restarts.

Anyways, it appears (for now) that the erroneous registry entry is to blame - but I definitely think there's a bug in the installer.

Oh, and: WinXP SP3 32-bit, Audigy 2 ZS Platinum

3. jaromanda

jaromanda Active Member

so ... it seems I'm the only one with these issues, as nobody else is saying the 3551 is practically useless since half the sliders don't work

is there some guide to upgrading from 3550 to 3551 ... I mean, I uninstalled 3550 completely (folder removed and everything ) before installing 3551 ... tried several times

windows 7 32bit

4. MusicDream

MusicDream New Member

Hello,
    ok, where to begin... my system:

• Q6600
    • X38-DQ6
    • 8GB RAM

• Windows 7 x64

• Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum eX
      PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_7003&SUBSYS_00601102&REV_04
    Long time ago I have used Windows XP and don't had any problems, but with Win7 x64 it will not work. :tears:

Reboot after installation

• Volume is at max

• kX Mixer started

• Default device: Wave Out HQ

• Set Playback Buffer Size to 10 ms (because of crackling, thanks to sapo_joe in Post #18)

• Volume can't be changed
      Dont' work: Remote, ext. Box, kX Mixer
      Work: Properties of Wave Out HQ

• Set Master Mixer as default sound-device

• Volume can be changed, but not from everywhere
      Dont' work: Remote, ext. Box
      Work: Properties of Wave Out HQ, kX Mixer

• Played with DPS settings, but Surrounder+ don't want work like I want: 5.1 + Surround + Bass Redirection

• Reverb Lite and Stereo Chorus don't work to
    Reboot system

• kX Mixer don't started

• C:\Windows\system32\kxmixer.exe --startup changed to:
      "C:\Program Files\kX Project\kxmixer.exe" --startup
    Reboot system again

• kX Mixer started now

• Bass Redirection in Surrounder+ work only for 2.1 but not 4.1, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1

• Surround in Surrounder+ don't work complete (no sound from sL and sR)

• Many Plugins like Mono Mix,Delay A, Chorus works, but can't be modified because scrollbars are on the left and can't be moved.
    And now some screenshots. ;)

Some provisional solutions for me:

• Problem with 2.0 sound source like winamp solved by connect nw and ne from xrouting to in_L and in_R of Surrounder+. (Thanks for the info Russ in Post #24)

Unsolved problems for me:

• Volume can't be changed by remote control and external Box.But for a alpha version it works very well. ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I was able to do some limited testing (WinXP 32 bit), and can confirm that the sliders in .da plugins do not appear to work (and probably .kxl plugins that use kX provided GUI (i.e. IKXPLUGIN_SIMPLE)).

Sliders do appear to work in .kxl plugins that use a custom GUI (i.e. IKXPLUGIN_OWNER).

I can also confirm that the wrong path is used in the RUN key in the registry and for all of kX's file associations.

Also, the installer no longer lets you choose what to install (e.g. SDK, etc).

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  6. totya

totya New Member

Hi, thank you for this excellent application/driver. Original creative driver bad for me, I get distorted record from wave, low audio volume etc...

KX Bugs:

"St Vol" and "Stereo Mix" and "FXMix" (and many I think...) built-in plugin don't works, because slider is can't move. Under x86 and x64 mixer too.

Speaker test all: "failed to create sound".

With master mixer, I get clicking/popping sound. Wave Out 2/3 is OK.
    I think this is buffer problem.
    Example: With 1008byte buffer I get clear sound with wave out 2/3,
    with master mixer with this buffer size, I get comletely noise distortion. Master mixer need 9600byte buffer to clear sound. Shortly, master mixer need bigger buffer than wave out 2/3.

x64 and x86 version setting is common, this is not optimal every times, see this, shortly, if member uses not built-in x86 plugins with x86 mixer, after start x64 mixer, all activated x86 plugins is deleted, and don't works under x86 mixer too, need unregister, and register again.

All KX version problem: uncomfortable record source choice. Example, if I want record from linein, I need goto kx DSP...or load setting. After if I want use skype, need again this... At the moment, this is the one big problem with this driver.

Not bug I think: FXBusX: FXBus0 and FXBus1 is asio source, FXBus2 and FXBus2 is Wave source.
    Edit: KX Router settings define this, this is not error or bug.

Thanks again, and sorry my poor english.

Audigy2 Value (SB0400 10k2 [9000]), Win7 x64

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  7. totya

totya New Member

Not bug, only idea:
    In DSP if I set plugin/effekt to OFF, plugin capton color changed cyan to gray. This is good. But if I set plugin to "bypass", capton color is stay. If I see DSP, I don't see, plugin is bypass or not. But this is very important information. Good idea, if bypass too change caption color to different color. Thanks.

Bug: in plugin/tweak, I click bypass icon, this is works, but this settings don't see plugin/right click menu bypass item (checked state is missing).

8. silvertones

silvertones New Member

I'm using 4 pairs of outs from my recording software for my "band" playing live. Each time I boot the computer and go to use it ,even though my DSP config. is still loaded ,one of the pairs doesn't work. I have to reload the config. each time. The first time I installed 3551A I didn't have this problem.

9. jaromanda

jaromanda Active Member

why are you using 32bit (x86) in 64bit (x64) environment

10. totya

totya New Member

Hi!

Because 32bit KX plugins works only with kmixer x86.

And I dont see why better x64 than x86. Memory usage possible over >4GB thats all. Speed is not faster, somtimes x64 version applications slower than x86 version (x86 optimized assembly code is lost, processor cache usage higher etc). IIRC x264 x64 version faster than x86 version, but different only about 10%.

But settings load does not works with kmixer x64 version too.

11. jaromanda

jaromanda Active Member

so, one can load 32bit drivers in 64bit operating system?

I never knew that. thanks for the info

12. silvertones

silvertones New Member

Was this for me? If so what do I do with it?
    Thanks

13. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Just to confirm, do you have a saved settings file named kxdefault.kx at that location?

I also noticed (on XP 32 bit) that it does not seem to like quotes around the path to the settings file, but the other way (i.e. the second one) does work for me (without the (x86) stuff (for XP 32 bit), of course).

e.g.
    "C:\Program Files\kX Project\kxmixer.exe" --shell --load-settings C:\Documents and Settings\Russ\Desktop\myconfig.kx

...and there is no problem for me loading settings from kX menu (i.e. Settings -> Load Settings...), etc.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  14. totya

totya New Member

Hi!

Just to answer, I'm not full stupid, I have settings file with this location. I play with settings, and I see, this is not bug, it's works.
    Load settings is working, if kxmixer.exe already running.
    Documentation is missing (I wrote above), I think before, this parameters works: 1. load settings 2. start mixer.

Thanks for answer.

15. Max M.

Max M. h/h member-shmember

Îòâåò: Re: 3551 bugs

Just to prevent possible confusion in future: No, one cannot. The "kxmixer.exe" is not a driver.

16. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I did not say you were. People make mistakes... It is normal practice in support field to try to rule out possible mistakes. It does not mean I think you are stupid.

17. jaromanda

jaromanda Active Member

Re: Îòâåò: Re: 3551 bugs

oops ... my bad ... I assumed the 64bit kx would come with 64bit "utilities"

18. totya

totya New Member

Hi!

Bug: (built in) ProFX/AC97 plugin, right click/tweak cause kmixer crash, with kmixer x86 and x64 version.

Win7 x64, 3551

19. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

There is a bug with plugin registration with 64 bit OS (only);
    See here for more info (plus some other related (potential) issues).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  20. totya

totya New Member

Hi!

I don't think this. Because (I wrote above) this is built-in plugin, available in x86 and x64 versions too. Only ProFX/AC97 tweak options cause crash (plugin is works without this option, because presets available). ProFX MX6/k2lt/Src tweak options works without crash.

I see KX registry keys, all built-in plugins uses relative path.