3551 bugs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

That post was not in response to your post (i.e. it is separate bug report)... The problem with the bundled ProX:AC97 is likely due to some other issue (as you say).

As for the bundled plugins, I suspect that their registration info was added by other means (i.e. part of the kX installation script rather than using normal plugin registration methods), but I suppose it is possible that kX uses a different method of registration if it detects both versions of a plugin.

2. totya

totya New Member

Hi, OK. I see only 10 minutes different beetwen two post, I think this is answer... but not, OK.

3. nakamichi

nakamichi New Member

Tried the latest alpha version of Cockos REAPER with WASAPI output (4.0-alpha55) from HERE on a PC with a SB0240 (original Audigy2 Retail) running Windows 7:

WASAPI exclusive mode:
    ----------------------------
    Master Mixer - exclusive mode doesn't work
    Wave HQ - doesn't work
    SPDIF/AC3 output - the only output that works (but limited to 2ch. 16bit/48kHz)

WASAPI shared mode:
    --------------------------
    Works with all outputs

Anyone using a SB0240 please test WASAPI exclusive mode with REAPER , Foobar2000, XMPlay or any other app which supports WASAPI exclusive output. Looks like something is broken in the latest kX drivers (3550 and 3551).

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

BTW: I know it was already mentioned for Windows 7, but kxasio.dll needs to be registered manually in Windows XP as well.

5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Update: The slider bug is related to the slider's range, and therefore can affect any plugin. It seems that any slider with an upper limit above 32767 (hmm, 32767 is the max value of a short int) will have the slider problem.

Since plugins that use the kX auto-generated GUI (.da plugins, etc) use an upper range of 0x7fffffff, all these plugins have the slider issue.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  6. FreeK79

FreeK79 New Member

AW: 3551 bugs

I think the Dynamics output is mono, if i bypass it´s all in stereo again.
    The other Stuff works fine so fare with my Audigy 2 SB 0090. (And the EQ P5 plugin wold be great to have it in 3551)

thanks for the driver to all who made it work !!! GREAT;)

7. Clayman1979

Clayman1979 New Member

Îòâåò: 3551 bugs

Solved

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  8. silvertones

silvertones New Member

Time for the next release? BETA? Please

9. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

Îòâåò: 3551 bugs

silvertones:

Yes, I hope so :)

E.

10. nakamichi

nakamichi New Member

Is it possible to swap the front and rear outputs when using the WaveHQ output under Windows 7 with the latest driver?

It doesn't work with a SB0240. There's no sound from the front output when the 'toggle swap front and rear' checkbox is unticked in the kX Mixer. Selecting different outputs in the 24/96 Router doesn't work as well.

And it looks like yet another driver bug according to these quotes from maddogg6:

"The 24/96 router is where we are supposed to be able to select the SINGLE 24/96 playback output to use from the drop-down box. But there's a BUG in 3538j that makes 24/96 output possible through the front outputs only"
    LINK: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/general-discussion/101554-recording-hq-does-nothing.html#post837894

"Wave HQ is supposed to be routable via KX 24/96 router - with a drop down to choose which physical output to rout 24/96 content through... but the drop down doesnt work - and 24/96 (wave HQ) will ONLY be heard through the front speakers.(I think it follows the Swap Front <> settings as well.
    BUT AC3 encoded material sent via Wave HQ seems to get decoded properly - but headphones will only output DSP (16/48) content."
    LINK: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/gener...es-speakers-setup-help-sought.html#post929798

P.S. I still can't get WASAPI exclusive output to work with the WaveHQ output of this card. I tried the latest version of Cockos Reaper (4.0 beta10) and set the number of channels to 8, bitdepth to 32bits and the output frequency to 96000Hz.
    I also tried with 2 channels and/or 24bits. No sound (unsupported format) with any of these settings.

P.P.S. There's more: WaveIn HQ recording from analog inputs doesn't work as well :(

Are these long-standing / nasty bugs ever going to be fixed?

3551 BETA? Bring it on! The bug hunting season has already started. Let's squash some more bugs :D

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  11. JocPro

JocPro New Member

I have a little trouble with 3551.

I have an Audigy 1 Platinum Ex (SB0090) with its Audigy drive and everything works pretty well except for the remote control (RM-900B). The weird thing is that if i put an Audigy 2ZS and connect it to the drive (with a modded 40 pin cable) the remote works like a charm. KX even lets me enable or disable the IR remote, but with the Audigy 1 that option is nowhere to be found.

I tried with Creative drivers and with 3550 and the remote works fine there.

My computer is an Athlon II X3 (X4@3.1GHz), 4 GB RAM, nForce 630a, Radeon HD6850 running Windows 7 x86.

Best regards.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  12. dgojic

dgojic New Member

Hello Eugene, and thanks for all your hard work!

I'm running Win 7 X64 SP1 and audio card is Audigy Platinum (SB 0900). And I also have a problem with DSP losing it's saved parameters after restart Win. I've tried many things, reinstall drivers, saving various settings and then load them back etc. But, nothing helps! After reboot, DSP simply gets back to the default settings. However, I don't have this problem when using 3550 drivers on the same machine.

Thanks again.

13. IcemanSR

IcemanSR New Member

I like 3551 for one reason ,some plugins in 3550 on open would severely lock my PC ,which would force me to reset comp(hard)
    3551 doesn't have that problem with plugins.

But this slider problem is annoying! every sound output i have uses at least one mixer and it needs Sliders!

--Question if anyone can answer please:
    i own audigy 2 350ZS and for some reason i only get sound when i enable digital output is there a way to counter this?Please?The reason is that i cant volume up/down bass/front speakers when digital is ON.and i only use analog output speakers.(Same thing is with 3550) but not on winXp only Win7 (haven't tried win7 x32,only x64)

Win7 x64bit

14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

One odd bug I've noticed with Win7 / 3551 and I've seen this on several machines. I've had the occasion to swap cards for a different unit, say if I pull a Live! and install an Audigy for example, and on re-install of the driver KX remembers all the past cards that were in the system and asks if I want to install the driver for them as well as the new card ...... No biggy and it may just be a Win7 bug, but it's odd behavior.

15. er1z

er1z New Member

It's a Windows issue, unfortunately. If you deep into, you'll notice that even plugging-in pendrive into another USB causes driver reinstalling.

But the most frustrating is the network cards case. Separate driver per slot.

I can confirm this issue. I'm using 3551 build and every time I boot computer I have to setup buffers values once again and other switches (I do often use "swap rear and front" and "headphones to subwoofer"). A bit annoying.

16. RvC-Kenny

RvC-Kenny New Member

what is the problem with soundfonts? they don't seem to work at all for me on win7x64. is that the problem?

sound with audigy2zs is great for me in spdif mode. wave out 4/5 works without bass but sourround. everything else gives only stereo insteat of 5.1

17. juninho85

juninho85 New Member

This feature still does not work with a audigy 2 zs(SB0350 10K2 E880), can confirm that?

18. lucky0511

lucky0511 New Member

i got some pb here
    using: win 8 CP x64 + sb0350

1// kxmixer is not work after installed
    Untitled.jpg

2// the microphone is still NOT work
    Untitled2.jpg

p.s: its a same pb when i was using 3550 64bit on win 7 x64
    microphone never work

p.s 2: everything is ok when i was using 3550 32bit on win 7 x86

19. ViroMan

ViroMan Confused One

So I have done some searching around and it appears that a majority of the driver versions have memory leak issues. I am using the latest 3551 and its got quite a serious memory leak issue... I can play about 10-13 mp3's(player independent) before my V-ram jumps to 2.3gigs(I have 4gigs on XP x64) and then system freeze with massive hd activity(swapping going on??). Task manager shows all my running applications get pushed into vram as their memory usage drops and there vram increases.

Has this problem been poked to death and fixed already and I just can't see the solution in the search results I have read?

P.S. Audigy MP3 Sb0090

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  20. jaromanda

jaromanda Active Member