3dse question

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by BoXeR, Mar 30, 2008.

1. BoXeR

BoXeR New Member

i have audigy2 [b000] card and this option isn't working(3dse). How can i make it work, i tried a few driver sets but no luck at all
    (sorry for my english )

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

3DSE can be a subtle effect depending on your DSP config. i.e. It is mainly for 2 speaker setups, and basically changes the width. So if you are using Surrounder+ set to 5.1 with Surround ON, etc, (or other effects) 3DSE may be less noticeable. Also, kxmixer seems to not show the setting correctly after changing it (shows it as being off, even though it may be on). I would suggest setting Surrounder to 2.0 stereo only (or use a similar config), and try the different 3DSE settings and see if you can hear the difference. (It does work with my card (Live! 5.1)).

BTW: I would guess that kX's Swap Front and Rear option could also effect the 3DSE setting (i.e. 3DSE being applied to the rear speakers instead of front) making it more or less noticeable (or not at all, if the front jack is not being used). So make sure that testing is done with the speakers connected to jack that is *normally* used for front.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  3. BoXeR

BoXeR New Member

"3DSE can be a subtle effect depending on your DSP config"
    so i can put it in the DSP like a chorus and reverb ?
    i set to 2.0 ,swap the rear and front and no change at all.
    With my live 5.1 digital this option works perfectly in 5.1 and 2.0 mode

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

No.

BTW: This does not mean that it cannot be done in the DSP, it just means that 3DSE (on the AC97 page of kxmixer) is part of the AC97 codec, it is not a DSP plugin.

I do not know, it does work with my Live! 5.1, but it is possible that there is bug with the A2 (someone else with an A2 mentioned having the same problem, so).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  5. BoXeR

BoXeR New Member

ok 10x for the help Russ , i will try smt else :)

6. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

You could try and find the datasheet for whatever codec is used on that card, and look up which AC97 registers it uses for 3DSE, and then use kX Console to check those registers to see if kX is setting them correctly, etc.

7. BoXeR

BoXeR New Member

ok thx i will try