4x.xx problems ...

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by tigerarmyAFI, Dec 15, 2002.

1. tigerarmyAFI

tigerarmyAFI Active Member

i have some issues with the 4x series drivers..

1. when playing most 2d games (including emulators) and some older 3d games (such as the sims) the bottom third of my screen looks corrupted every few minutes, it only lasts for a second, and its hard to explain what happens, basically it just flashes up a bunch of garbled colors then goes away again, its very annoying... this happens with my new geforce4 ti and it also happened with my old geforce3 ti. this was with all of the 4x.xx series drivers that have been released thus far.

2. the screen is WAY too dark!! during gaming and watching movies, although the desktop brightness seems to be unaffected

are these common problems with this driver series, or is it just me??? i really like the performance increase gained by installing them but i refuse to use them until the corruption problems go away...

2. Mich

Mich New Member

1) didnt have that problem...maybe you should try Re installing drivers but first making sure you didnt left any trash files/registry settings behind...

But..... I do have hangs in Mechwarrior 4:Mercenaries, and the cause of the problem IS the 40.xx drivers (even with the omega ones). If I use the 30.82 or the omega ´s 30.82....dont have that problem anymore...

2) Dark or low gamma screen was solved with 40.72 driver....

cheers,
    Mech

3. typongtive

typongtive New Member

drivers buggy

so far no matter how often i reinstall unistall everything the latest drivers from nividia kinda suck