5.1 setup applet or something?

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by daPyr0x, Jul 25, 2004.

1. daPyr0x

daPyr0x New Member

I love how the kX drivers offer delays for individual speakers and individual level settings and all that kinda stuff...but does anybody know of some simple applet or something like that where I could put in how far away from each speaker I am and it would calculate the associated delay and such? It doesn't neccesarily have to be "kX specific", just osmething that says I want a 15ms delay on this speaker, and I want it to be at 73% or something like that...

I know M-Audio's drivers have this capability built in....but I don't own an m-audio card now do I?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

2. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

afaik from previous discussions - "distance" will be added in to the surrounder at a future date… bat atm think you can only adjust this for stereo pairs (rear and sub/centre)

3. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

such option will be available for kX, too -- someday
    (per-speaker delay + attenuation)

but I cannot provide you with release dates

/E

4. daPyr0x

daPyr0x New Member

oO a response from mr. kX himself ;-)

Would it be too much to ask to have presets for that, too? I mean, when I'm playing games or watching something on my computer monitor I'm sitting in one spot, but when I'm using my tv-out to watch a movie or something, I'm in a completely different spot, and the values for everything would be different.