6.12 Catalyst drivers available: Discuss and Rate

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Spyre, Dec 13, 2006.

?

Please Rate the Catalyst drivers this month

1. 10 - Wow Santa came early and gave me an awesome prezzie

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. 9

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  3. 8

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  4. 7

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  6. 5

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 - Damn this is a bad prezzie, would rather have had coal

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  1. Spyre

Spyre New Member

New Features

This release of the ATI Catalyst™ software suite introduces DirectX video acceleration for CrossFire™ enabled configurations.

Issues Resolved in Catalyst® Software Suite 6.12

• Black&White 2: Slow frame rate is no longer noticed when playing the game under Windows XP when setting the graphics to the lowest possible settings. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23714
    • Neverwinter Nights: Enabling super AA and CrossFire within the Catalyst Control Center no longer results in display corruption being noticed within the game's main menu. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23718
    • Catalyst® Control Center->CrossFire™: Attempting to resume from a standby state no longer results in the Windows XP operating system failing to respond when using a Radeon® X19x0 CrossFire™ Edition series of product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23713
    • Catalyst Control Center: Setting the language option to French for the Catalyst Control Center no longer results in the text found in Catalyst Control Center being cropped. This issue was known to occur under all supported operating system. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23716
    • Using PowerDVD to playback a DVD no longer results in the playback appearing choppy. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23719
    • Catalyst Control Center: The translation for Centered Timings is now translated properly for Simplified Chinese. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24337
    • The index in the Catalyst Control Center help no longer contains double entries for various aspects. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24338
    • Catalyst Control Center->Help: Clicking on the CrossFire help no longer results in a page not found error message being displayed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24339
    • Using the Avivo Video Converter to convert a video file no longer exceeds the 300MB for a VCD encoded file. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24340
    • Catalyst Control Center->Help: Clicking on certain help file links no longer results in the incorrect help file being displayed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24341
    • Catalyst Control Center: The Profile Manager is now translated properly for Italian. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24342
    • Catalyst Control Center: Various options such as Select a Language and Deinterlacing for the Thai language are now translated properly. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24343
    • Changing the language to Korean in the Catalyst Control Center no longer results in the degree symbol appearing corrupted within the rotation page. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24344
    • Catalyst Control Center->Basic View: Selecting Japanese as the language no longer results in various aspects of the Easy Setting Wizard and Setup Display Settings not being translated properly. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24345
    • Using hotkeys to switch between LCD mode and CRT+LCD mode no longer results in the hotkey function failing when attempting to switch back to LCD mode only. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24288
    • Using PowerDVD to playback a DVD no longer results in the playback appearing jittery. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23719
    • CrossFire: Playing Windows XP games such as Labyrinth or HyperBowl no longer results in display corruption being noticed in the game's menu page. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24335
    • Hardware acceleration no longer becomes disabled when running the HQV benchmark DVD with CrossFire enabled. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24336

Known Issues for Catalyst® Software Suite 6.12

The following section provides a summary of open issues in the latest version of Catalyst®. These include:

• Battlefield 2: Attempting to launch the game under Windows XP with the in-game display setting at 1920x1440 or 2048x1536 and AA set to 6x may result in the game failing to launch. Further details can be found in topic number 737-22817
    • Sniper Elite: Playing the game under Windows XP with a Radeon® X1600 series installed may result in texture corruption being noticed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-22820
    • Enabling CrossFire™ may result in display corruption being noticed when playing a DVD or media clip using either WinDVD 7, Windows Media Player or PowerDVD 6. Further details can be found in topic number 737-22806
    • Catalyst® Control Center->Basic View: Connecting a secondary display device and attempting to enable it, may result in the inability to enable the device when using Basic view. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23446
    • Intermittent display issues may be noticed when using an Apple Cinema HD 30" display device. Contact AMD Customer Care for a solution. AMD Engineering is aware of the issue and a resolve will be available in an up-coming software driver release. Further details can be found in topic number
    • During video playback, DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA) may not be available when CrossFire mode is enabled. This will result in software mode video playback. To enable DXVA, CrossFire™ mode must be disabled. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23447
    • Uninstalling the graphics drivers may result in some of the files and folder failing to be removed in the Program File folder. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23715
    • Attempting to maximize an OpenGL application window may result in either the OpenGL window maximizing slowly or the system failing to respond. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23717
    • Clicking on the Restore Factory Defaults button found in the Catalyst Control Center->TV Properties may result in the TV position failing to be restored to the factory defaults. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24346
    • Catalyst® Control Center->Basic View: Connecting a secondary display device and attempting to enable it, may result in the inability to enable the device when using Basic view. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24347
    • Setting the display panel attributes to Scale Image to Full Panel Size, followed by entering an S3 state may result in the desktop failing to resume to a full screen mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24348
    • Catalyst Control Center: Connecting an HDTV or DFP display device may result in some of the HDTV formats being listed twice in the Catalyst Control Center->Digital Panel Properties->HDTV Support. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24349
    • Catalyst Control Center->Digital Panel Properties->HDTV Support: Adding custom formats to the 1080i and attempting to remove those custom formats may result in the formats failing to removed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24350
    • Catalyst Control Center->Help: Clicking on the Monitor and Digital Panel Properties found in the Contents section of the Help may result in a message indicating that the page cannot be displayed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24351

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  2. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

is there native support for the X1950XT card with these?

EDIT, linky?

3. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

the site says they support the 1950 series, so i would assume so.

4. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

ya but all ive seen aroun the net is the official 6.11 or the beta 6.12's wouldnt install with out a custom ini floating around, with it they both seem to install fine. Im lookin for drivers as the card is setting next to me anf the MoBo comes tommorow.

5. davidhye

davidhye New Member

is it only me, becuz every time i install new drivers it automatically resizes my resolution to 800x600 and also my screen goes black and then normal again several times
    it happens every time i install new drivers... is it normal?

6. Spyre

Spyre New Member

7. TB_

TB_ New Member

The black screen etc is, the 800x600 isnt unless you mean on the first boot then it is on some systems.

8. davidhye

davidhye New Member

oh ok thanks,

9. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

wow I'm shcok that fast when there out lol time me download lol

10. Robert McClelland

finaly got them download install them when I get home tomorrow :)

11. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Haven't had the time to see if the cursor texture issue is still there with NWN2, but I have found something interesting with Crossfire. I don't remember this happening before, so to me it's new, but whenever you enable Crossfire the CCC gets you to reboot so it can properly detect the second card, and disabling Crossfire has you reboot again. I never noticed this with the 6.9 and 6.11 drivers, but all I know is that it's God damn tedious and annoying.

I'll have to reinstall the 6.11 drivers, but is this happening with anyone else running Crossifire setups, or is this the norm?

12. reggis

reggis New Member

CCC never required a reboot for me enabling crossfire in 6.10 and 6.11 -- However, I have had to reboot in order to get crossfire working properly when switching from non-crossfire to crossfire enabled mode for the last two drivers.

13. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

Hmm.. seems to me most of the new releases of drivers are ALL about CCC and not much in the way of game fixes or enhanced feature/tweaks. Just one more reason to hate CCC. They spend more time fixing that useless bloatware then honing the drivers it seems now. :(

Yeah yeah.. I'm grumpy. Sue me. ;)

14. JCOTV64

JCOTV64 New Member

Somebody has issues with the shadows on Marvel - Ultimate Alliance.

The shadows look like crap, squares everywhere, it started since the 6.12 beta.

15. TB_

TB_ New Member

This is like the 3rd or 4th dud set in a row, totaly unacceptable.

16. Robert McClelland

Well so far I benchmark them in 3dmark03 I scored 6606 6 points lower then 6.11 on AI high but on low it's little slower I forget what bechmark was :) haven't test in games yet.

17. Flexkill

Flexkill New Member

OMG...I can't believe i'm saying this....but i'm starting to second guess switching back to ATI!:( These drivers suck...plain and simple! I get all kinds of strange artifacts in 2142 and hitman Blood Money! A crap load of CTD's as well.....please ATI ...I hate Nvidia!:(

18. brotheresau

brotheresau New Member

My card runs great no complaints here, but you are right about the drivers suckin ass and I think I have already covered base on my view point of the whole .NET .2.0 just to run their official CCC once again I am sorry but thats ridiculous and should not be forced on people! A option yes but 3 official releases and all for crap that people don't want to begin with...WHY???

2142 thats EA Games do you really expect anything more out of them? I bought Battlefield 2 when it first came out and the patches and updates still suck too this day I wont even install that game on my rig actually I will give the F@cking thing away thats what I think about EA and their lame ass games!!!!

WHO WANTS IT FREE OF CHARGE? JUST PAY SHIPPING

19. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

what happened to my post ? it completely vanished !!!!

20. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

I wouldn't want that piece of shit for free Brotheresau.. how many freakin war games can they vomit out. >sigh<