7.5 Catalyst drivers out for Vista discuss and vote here

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by CATALYST maker, May 31, 2007.

?

Please rate the 7.5 Vista drivers

1. 10 - these drivers kick more ass than a gang of octopii wearing boots at an ass kicking convention

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. 7

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. 6

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. 5

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. 2

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  10. 10 - Oh dear back to the drawing board please, these drivers should be locked up with Paris Hilton

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. Th3_VVr41th

Th3_VVr41th New Member

I wanted to add one additional comment on the 7.5's

When I DL drivers for harware that I have, I expect to get drivers, not software bloated with additional crap promoting free games and such. Leave that for a separate DL if the user wishes...

ATI has forgotten the "Kiss" rule of thumb (Keep It Simple Stupid) and just keeps making things worse.

ATI has definitely gone above and beyond the term "selling out"...

2. gismomarty

gismomarty New Member

Radeon Xpress 1150

Thanks it worked

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  3. vf-

vf- New Member

Well it seems my looping BSOD ticket for Crossfire has been marked as resolved. \o/

Here's hoping it'll be in the next release. I just hope no more BSOD issues repeat themself in the future. As this was an extremely nasty one for me. :)

4. junka

junka Zex Machine

I'm in a computer club where most of the members have migrated to Vista and everyone of the ATI owners is going to or has already replace their ATI cards with spanking new Nvidia cards, not because the cards are bad but simply because the driver support effectively turns their ATI cards into just so much useless junk.

5. vf-

vf- New Member

NVIDIA isn't so rosy either in the Vista department.

6. thecaretaker

thecaretaker New Member

I just wished ATI got the drivers working properly with Vista first instead of constantly adding new features and get speed increases. It's running before you can walk and it will bite them in the bum in the end, you mark my words!

Another thing the CAT team did once was listen to people. Seems not anymore otherwise many of the issues would have been looked at.

I've been a ATI fanboy for many years and it herts me to say it, but I'll not be singing their praises anymore. I've spent far too much money with ATI and got nothing in return to carry on being conned.

A year ago, my local store stopped selling ATI cards. I questioned them over this and they told me the reason was that ATI's products are not as good as the competitions (not to be rude - words to that effect). I argued with them until I was blue in the face. But they knew then what I have learnt the hard way. Hell, I even paid stupid money getting one of the first crossfire cards imported to me from the states.

Well not anymore. I've been ignored long enough. How many forums do you have to post on, how many reports do you have to submit to ATI before they actually listen?

It wasn't always the case. I was most impressed with Terry Makedon and his team when they started out producing monthly driver updates. In those days, Terry did listen, he did correct odd little issues I had. But it seems the sparkle has gone. I don't know if this is just complacency or the fact that AMD bought them out. But they don't listen anymore.

ATI broke my demoscene fun! (and they ain't interested in fixing it for us!)

rant over!

7. CATALYST maker

CATALYST maker ATI driver guru

Hi Caretaker, long time no talk! How you been?

Hey nothing has changed on my end, not to make excuses but I am not aware of any of the issues you are facing. I do listen when I am aware of things, and this thread is the first time I am hearing about demo problems. If you still have my email feel free to contact me with a list of issues, and if you dont have my email feel free to send me a PM here on DH.

8. thecaretaker

thecaretaker New Member

Thank you Terry. I have sent you a PM with a list of my issues with links to posts I have made. I hope you are able to spot what is going wrong.

Sorry if my rant seemed a bit negative but they have banned smoking in the UK and I am trying to do my best to kick the habit. I posted that at 2.28am GMT - another sleepless night!