8800GTX dropping frames?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by ChOnG, Jan 19, 2007.

1. ChOnG

ChOnG New Member

Hello there,

Firstly i dont know if you will know what im talkin about but may aswell give it a bash.
    Ive recently upgraded from:-

AMD64 4000+
    X1900X-TX 512MB
    X1900 CF Edition 512MB

to:

BFG 8800GTX 768MB
    Intel Duo E6700

Well, ive notice a problem where making movies for a game i play called Call of Duty2, what i do is open a demo and use a command called cl_avidemo 30 which takes 30 screenshots per second. Ive made a few movies and all have been fine but since upgrading to my new pc when i capture screenshots, import them into vegas then render,the movie seems choppy as if its dropping frames. Its the same rendering settings ive used for all my movies.

So since i never had this problem with my last setup im beginning to think theres a problem with gfx card capturing the screenshots or maybe a cpu problem but cant see that.

Heres a link to movie just incase you wanna see what im talkin about, its 450mb so not to bothered if you dont watch it :p

ftp://ftp1.srv.endpoint.nu/pub/repository/tek9/movies/BreathE.rar

Youll notice that the middle song in movie was done with old pc and isnt laggy at all, the rest was done on new setup.

Just want to know really if anyone knows of a problem with this gfx card or if anyone has had simalar problems before.

Thanks for any help and sorry if ive posted in wrong forum.

2. JohnDoe47

JohnDoe47 New Member

I don't know much about the 8800GTX so i can't really comment but one thing I have always said is to stick with ATi because when it comes to drivers they are "The Don".

Nvidia have always sucked when it comes to drivers and my first suggestion is that it is a driver problem.

3. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

d/ling right now, but at ~40KB/s, it'll take a while.

it's likely to be a driver issue. what drivers have you tried? the latest ones are the 97.92. also, what operating system do you have?

also, list out your system specs fully.

OS, PSU, gfx card, CPU, MoBo, RAM most importantly.

4. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

fanboy troll on the loose.
    everyone run. both ati and nvidia have there fair share of crap lately. infact most of the time lol

5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

ATI drivers were by far the worst drivers ever conceived. However apon the launching of the Catalyst driver sets, things started turning around.

However ATI has just as many if not more, problems with the drivers then nvidia does atm, and vice versa depending on the situation. It flip flops, to be expected.

As for recording, i prefer FRAPS, it's worth purchasing if you plan to make really do this kinda stuff, and you can even trial it just to make sure it works (30 seconds of recording per recording period)

6. ChOnG

ChOnG New Member

With fraps tho it adds its own codec over the top, so you can get totally uncompressed footage to edit with then render.

Anyways, my specs are:

MSI Powerup Edition
    BFG 8800GTX 768MB
    Intel Duo E6700
    2GB G.Skill PC2-5400
    Windows XP SP2
    Latest Drivers 97.92

What is this "Conformant Texture Clamp" in control panel? its set to "use hardware" at the moment, but im having a feeeling its something to do with that.