9700 pro 3dmark03 benches please...

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by shuki, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Silverfox

Silverfox New Member

WeaponX, since you did not remove your shim I assume, how much AS3 did you have to apply on the core to enable sufficient contact due to the height difference with the shim still intact. And did you use all 8 of the sinks. And also you may have posted previously, but what were your your bench scores before and after the mod?;)

2. Silverfox

Silverfox New Member

BWX232, the mod you depicted, was the one Hardwired installed on his 9700 pro and plans to use on his 9800 pro also. He appears to know all the variables for that mod, so you can direct any questions, unanswered in the vendors installations guidelines to Hardwired, whom seems to be very knowledgeable on the add-on your considering. ;)

3. WeaponX

WeaponX New Member

I did say I had removed the shim in my last post :)

As for the bench scores,at the 9700 Pro stock speeds I think it was about 5400 ish.But I'm not entirely sure.
    :)

4. Silverfox

Silverfox New Member

I guess I didnt see it, I only saw a few posts back where you removed just the stock HSF. By the way, did you encounter any difficulty in removing the shim, and how and what tools did you use. ;)

5. WeaponX

WeaponX New Member

No problems at all removing the shim.
    I used a blade from a Stanley Knife.started at one corner...manged to slip the blade in then gently prised it up and moved along a bit,prised a bit more until i could get my fingernail under it and with a little flick,the shim came off.
    :)

6. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Lucky- ;) I had no such luck:tears: I'm gonna try again soon.

7. a0n-C

a0n-C New Member

yeah, im waiting for my first paycheck from this summer job so that i can get something better.

also, it was not quite as easily accomplished [taking the shim off] as you might assume by reading my confident words. i did have to struggle a little bit, curse and keep trying before i got it off. as long as you dont seriously damage the GPU [especially the DYE] you will be aight.