A Christmas Story

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by DarkFoss, Dec 29, 2004.

1. DarkFoss

DarkFoss Active Member

I started out to build my daughter and mother a couple of new comps for Christmas out of parts I have been accumulating over the last few years.
    I was putting my mother's together two weeks ago when I got called into work. In my haste to get out the door I forgot to put the side panel back on. I didn't have a chance to get back to it until 3 days before Christmas.
    Once again my wife's cat had struck:mad: It seems cat urine is highly corrosive.
    The case and motherboard were heavily damaged in such a short amount of time. This is the same cat some of you may remember from 2 years ago when it did the same thing to my then new first AMD rig.

Heading out to the local stores and doing some pricing( I have a Fry's, MicroCenter, CompUsa, and Best Buy all within 15 miles of my house) I soon came to the conclusion that spending the money on an older system parts would be impractical.

My daughter wound up with my Abit NF7-S Barton 2500 and Corsair CMS 512 2700LLPT x2 Ati 9700 pro in a new Antec Sonata case.

My mother wound up with an XP2600, Asus A7N8X deluxe 1g Corsair CMS 2700 C2PT, Ati 9700 pro in a new Antec SLK 2650-BQE.

Both were extremely pleased with thier new systems fast and quiet. It's my mom's first comp and a nice upgrade for my daughter from my old P3.
    My wife wasn't too thrilled with my solution but I reminded her that it was her cat afterall:evil:
    As for me, well my "solution" is in my sig;) I was soo pleased I even petted the cat on Christmas day when she jumped in my lap... although my hand did linger near her throat for a sec or 2:rofl:

2. Sargentwhitey

Sargentwhitey Has a JOB..

Very interesting... you know, it seems to me, as of late with people on here having computer stories and such.. makes me happy I no longer have a cat around the house :D

3. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

I have two persians that get pissed off if anyone even gets near my computer. They only sniff the parts have laying around when I'm upgrading/installing etc...

4. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

you can play tennis with a cat, you just have to swing harder to get them over the net...LOL