a good registry cleaner

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by twistedpain183, Apr 20, 2006.

1. twistedpain183

twistedpain183 New Member

i was wondering if anyone knows a good cleaner for the registry something i can type in and then delete all references containing norton stuff. for some reason when i upgrade my norton stuff my computer acts all funky so i wana clean the registery without reformatting the entire pc. if someone has the name of a registery cleaner thats good please let me know! ;)

thanks

2. allnighter

allnighter New Member

i reckon all registry cleaners create more problems than they are worth espesially if your a settings nut if you want to remove reg edits left behined by programs try find" your uninstaller" it is a neccesary programe if you often install and uninstall apps . sorry i dont remember where i found it "um the usuall places"

3. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

regseeker 1.45 is the best that i know and i know many.it requires no install and has alot to offer.i have bneen using it for a couple of years or more and it has save my butt more than a few times.never just delete all that is found when you use the cleaner function.only delete what you know is uninstalled and not needed anymore.and then do a search for whatever your looking for.just run the app from your download destination and you are golden.
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Registry-Tweak/RegSeeker.shtml

4. twistedpain183

thanks alot Regseeker did the trick! :rofl:

5. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

no prob.
    have you considered changing antivirus apps.there are so many better apps for free.

6. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

easy cleaner.. not only for registry, but for duplicate files, unneccesary files, startup etc. etc..

7. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Crapcleaner is enough for me :p

8. twistedpain183

no i havent norton hasnt let me down since 2005 so i stuck with it 2006 hasnt gone on sale for free yet with rebates... lmao :hmm:

9. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

:D

crapcleaner is quite up to the task, is the only one i use since the others have caused me troubles anyway