A MESS!!! Pax Driver for X-Fi Titanium HD

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by justin_, Apr 25, 2012.

1. justin_

justin_ New Member

Hello,

I have an Creative X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe card, Windows 7 x64 sp1 and a Sennheiser HD 650 headphones. Yesterday I was curious to find out if there is a difference with the PAX drivers: IT WAS, but not a positive one. Let me be more specific. With the PAX drivers I detected the following issues:

- the sound is clogged
    - there are constant cracklings
    - the bass and treble are, actually, as advertised (but for me are worse)
    - OVERALL the sound is WORSE

OK. I've switched back to creative drivers and SURPRISE: there was no change. The sound was exactly the same (like the sound with PAX drivers). I even reinstalled Windows and the problem still persist.

My conclusion is that the PAX drivers modified some IN-CARD settings.

You have any idea how to reset the card?

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

You have take in out to reset or used driver cleaner .net clean out good. Sorry if tweaks didn't works with your system as promised But you know you welcome to change the setting in the tweak infs make sure you save and reinstalled to your own liking.

3. justin_

justin_ New Member

1. I've got out the card, turn-on the system then shut it down, put back the card, install the creative driver. It didn't resolve the problem.

2. Uninstalled the creative driver, pull out the card, turn on the system, then shut it down, put back the card and install the PAX drivers. It WORKED! The problems are gone. Still, the bass and treble are shifted like I've already said.

3. I've made the same steps, but this time I installed the original creative cd drivers and they resolve the bass/treble shift.

4. Andrew LB

Andrew LB New Member

^^^ The key thing to any successful driver change, especially when it involves custom drivers, is to use Driversweeper after uninstallation followed by both cleaner and registry cleaner tools which are part of Ccleaner. Both are free and work great.

Also, I had some of the exact same issues as you did with the bass and treble but were easily fixed by tweaking the driver as noted by Robert McClelland.

Any crackling and clogged sound is more than likely due to not taking the steps I mentioned above to ensure that ALL previous drivers or files associated with them were removed from your system before the custom PAX drivers were installed.

I'm running PAX 1.4 suite on my X-Fi Titanium HD, combined with Sennheiser HD600 headphones and powered by a Little Dot MKIII tube amplifier (modded tubes and some internals), cardas cable, blue jeans RCA's, and after quite a bit of listening have concluded there is absolutely no way these drivers when PROPERLY installed can sound worse than the Creative driver.

Quick question.... Are you running those Sennheiser HD650 headphones directly off your sound card? Or are you running some sort of headphone amplifier? I ask because the headphones you have are 300ohm like mine and sound incredibly muddy and flat when powered off pretty much any device without the extra amplification provided by a dedicated headphone amplifier.

5. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member