A program to convert PAL DVD movies to NTSC?

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Rayder, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Does anyone know of a program that will convert a movie DVD that is PAL to NTSC format? A friend bought a DVD from Amazon called Vivaldi: 4 Seasons, or something like that and he didn't realize it was in PAL. He can play it on a PC, but would like to convert it to work on an NTSC system. He bought it for his boss at his job and his boss ain't too happy with it being PAL.

So, anyone know of a program that will do that for him? It doesn't have to be a free program, it can be a commercial app. he just wants to know if he can convert it using some program.

Personally, I don't pirate movies, we actually buy them, so I had no answers for him, which is why I'm asking.

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

I buy them or see them in the theater myself but do make compilations of 1/2 hour snowboarding vids and stuff for my buddy Chris. Usually Nero does all I need a free version of "essentials" came with my new DVD drive.

On PAL to NTSC haven't needed to do that but did google for ya hope it helps Bro ;)

Convert PAL <-> NTSC, NTSC <-> PAL Converter Video / MPEG Software

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

rip it into an AVI file... and then turn around and burn it as a DVD as NTSC

probably the quickest and easiest solution

4. Al_Vampyre

Al_Vampyre Well-Known Member

Hate to disagree with you Judas but probably the quickest and easiest (and cheapest) solution is to spend $30 on a new multi region dvd player. Almost all new DVD players will play both formats.

There is a list of tutorials here but the time investment and learning curve is going to be quite steep!

5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

well i was thinking from a zero cost standpoint... but obviously paying the money to buy a region free dvd player would be spot on..... just have to carry it everywhere for those dvds

6. Gooey0037

Gooey0037 New Member

I use Tvc (Total Video Converter) it works well if you have a decent pc to run it only downside is it take a couple of hours to convert