A session with a friend

Discussion in 'Powered by kX' started by Nando Dominguez, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Nando Dominguez

Nando Dominguez New Member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2004
  2. TravelRec.

TravelRec. Alternative Audioproductions

Hi Nando!

Sorry, bad link - player opens - then error due to transfer problems.

3. Nando Dominguez

Hi TravelRec! I don't know what could be the problem. I do can open it from here. It's an wma 8 file. are you using win98? I'm gonna make a reduced mp3 because I cand upload files longer than 2mb., my server is a f@king s@hit

4. TravelRec.

Yeah, ´98SE here on this station. Possibly the media player is too old. Sorry for the hassle. I try to update and will try to dl again, please don´t do anything only for me - I reply if all is right here!

Greetings!
    TravelRec.:)

5. Doug W

Doug W Active Member

I had the same problem until I right clicked it and saved it to my hard drive. It downloaded a shortcut file, son.asx (1kb). When I double clicked it, it loaded up the song relatively quickly with Win 95 and Media Player 6.4.

I really like this song, good voice and very distinct, separated instruments-something I haven't quite achieved yet. Nice acoustic guitar.

If you don't mind Nando, can you explain a little of your recording session-Mics, pickups etc. And if it is not by accident, how did you go about separating the instruments - EQ, luck, good mojo?. Don't want to give you too big a head but I really liked the sound quality of this tune.

Doug

6. Nando Dominguez

Hi Doug! Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry about my link, sincerely I don't know where is the problem. Probably a security system from my server doesn't allow to download mp3/wma directly.

For the voice I used a Behringer B2 plugged to a Behringer tube preamp model Mic 2200 and an old Alesis 3630 compressor. I applied around 4 db at 7000 hz in the eq and a second commpressor (Waves RVox) in the mixing. The guitars are a Washburn electro-acustic recorded on two tracks balanced almost completely to both sides. And an old Ibanez 12 strings (acustic) recorded with an AKG 414 centered in the mixing. I just applied a little bright (8-10 Khz) to all acustics for more definition and a soft compression (Alesis). The rest is nothing special. The bass is VB-1 (the one included in cubase) some synth drums (Battery) and a few percussion played with the guitar box :D balanced completely left and right. In the master section just a very very soft compression (waves C1) 2:1 ratio and a Limiter not too hard (waves L2). And thats all. Thank you very much.:)
    Nando

7. TravelRec.

Hi Nando!

The problem lies here! Tried with free MediaPlayerClassic (Video/DVD-Player :D ), and with it it works very fine. I still hear the song while I write and i think it´s very cool!!! I cannot understand any word, but that dosen´t matter yet. Very fine music and like Doug said, well mixed and mastered. I´ll add it into my kX-powered favorites folder :D :D :D. Really cool - really!

Respect!
    TravelRec.:)

P.S. grrrr - it´s a stream... no possibility to add into my folder :tears: .

Last edited: Oct 13, 2004
  8. Nando Dominguez

Thank you very much TravelRec:lol: !!! I promise to solve the problem as soon as possible although I think the solution will be to go to another server:annoyed:

Cheers mate;)

Nando

Last edited: Oct 13, 2004
  9. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

10. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

Nando Dominguez ,
    this is absolutely wonderful music, please share more if you wish in Heavenly Visions, it reminded me of the Gypsey Kings..I have technical expertise to offer except to say it was very good. Anyone with broadband should sample it...
    Bravo..

11. Nando Dominguez

12. tbisson

tbisson New Member

Very Nice

Real Nice sounds and composition. The voice and mix is great! Keep up the good work.

13. Nando Dominguez

14. Toadly_Ossum

Toadly_Ossum New Member

I kept comming back to this post trying to get the link to play and tonight it did. Boy Im glad I did.

I must say this is most definately the most pro-sounding recording sounding work ive heard on the kX forum. Excellant musicianship and really crisp clear radio ready mix. Just awesome Nando!

Toad

15. Doug W

Doug W Active Member

Nando,

Any chance you could repost this song somewhere. I must hear it again! Oddly enough, I have been searching for reviews of the Alesis 3630 wanting to buy a compressor to use on my wife's voice and realized that in response to my question about your equipment, you are using one-sounded good to me, think I will buy it.

Thanks,
    Doug

16. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

yup - the link gives errors for me too (both - left click and right click - save as)

*makes the most pathetic pouty face*

oh well.

17. Doug W

Doug W Active Member

Maddogg6,

This is an old post. I knew he had removed the song, I'm just trying to talk him into putting up a new link for it.

18. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

Doh - I seen the Oct 11 (and not the 2004) on the original post.

19. Nando Dominguez

Hi Doug and everyone. I'm sorry for the delay. I'm not living in my home these days. I just tried to download the file from a friend's and it worked perfectly for me. Believe me, I can't understand it. Anyway I'm sending you the file by mail.
    Nice to see you again Doug :)
    Nando.

P.S. The adress I'm sending from is not mine. If you need it, use the one in my profile.

20. trevbushell

trevbushell New Member

any way of putting it somewhere else? id love to hear it too? but when i go to the site it says the same..

El documento solicitado (ya) no existe.

bummer!