A small question here?????

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Flexkill, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Just Learnin'

Just Learnin' New Member

Did you get the new PSU yet Flexkill? Did it help?

2. Flexkill

Flexkill New Member

Waiting on it to be delivered today! I hope this is the answer I'm looking for!:uhoh:

3. Flexkill

Flexkill New Member

NIce timing huh!!?:D

Here it is... so I will know very soon if this is my sollution! This thing is a lot smaller than I expected!!!!

[​IMG]

4. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Its only the 850W and above PSU's that are really long because at that point you need alot of beefy AC line capacitors and all

5. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

i hope that set up works out, i got that PSU along with an x1950xt comin in tomorrow and an open box A8N32 SLI Deluxe for 88 buks the next day, i hope 18 amps on one of the 12v rails is ok, 2 of the 4 the rails are dedicated with there own PCIe lead each for GPU's, its gotta be enough, funny while ordering the card i was thinkin hmmmm...... about my 520 powerstream, hows that turnin out?, 520 power stream logically seems to be right at the threshhold for that type GPU/setup, wat all you get, just artifacts and all or it shut all the way down?

6. Flexkill

Flexkill New Member

I can run the card stock on the 520 fine.....but if I OC the card at all ...Random reboots and artifacts. I want to be able to raise the voltage a little as well and that is totaly out of the question on the 520:(

7. Flexkill

Flexkill New Member

Well it looks as if Eric was right again.....I think I might have been the problem and not the PSU(imagine that [​IMG]) Here is the Voltmeter on the 12V rail on the 520w Powersream with the X1950XT clocked as far as it will go in Overdrive 700/950 ....and the rail was rock solid as you can see. It never got lower than what you see on the meter!!! Next I will try to up the voltage a little on the card and see how it handles that.
    (this test was taken while running 3dMark05)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. [hobo]eclipse

so what do you think you were doing to cause this, u think its driver issue? u used the one from the CD right? or did you find another?

9. Flexkill

Flexkill New Member

I think I was trying to use "Low level" clocking with ATT and that is not supported yet with these cards.:sigh: I had also shut down the ATI services that come with the drivers and was told thats a no no to until better support is here for these cards.:D

and still using the drivers that came with the card.

10. [hobo]eclipse

check this thread out about half way down the rapid share link, they are ini files for the x1950xt, the read me says official 6.11 ini files with x1950xt entries and they say in the thread they're workin with the beta 6.12. you extract the driver, cancel the setup, replace the ini files, then run the setup.exe, or so hey say, it also says these ini files are for the x64 version so prolly wont work with 32 bit version.

11. Flexkill

Flexkill New Member

So hobo, did you get the card running yet???:confused:

12. [hobo]eclipse

the open box a8n32 i got was bunk, it posted less than 10 times, i had the card in but didnt even get to install drivers or play, i said to hell with it and ordered a new DFI nforce4 "Expert". i know it'll be a beast but ima prolly need some major help from bleeding edge and dfi st. i've never had PCIe yet or any board with the plethora of settings this has. any links for recomended bios or setting is appreciated,

so hows that all runnin with the OCZ 700 PSU, and which driver setup u using for it?

also u see on the x1950xt, the sapphire sticker on the cooler is covering the nice ruby picture, lol, atleast thats how mine is.

13. Flexkill

Flexkill New Member

http://www.bleedinedgesupport.com/ocz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

http://www.bleedinedgesupport.com/ocz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68

DFI street is down at the moment, but go there and get T'mods BIOS CD........That has all you need in BIOS requirements:D PM me if you need any help.....and the OCZ 700 has been great so far:w00t: