A-Train 8 Demo

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by jp306, Feb 28, 2009.

1. jp306

jp306 New Member

2. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

No big deal,Im one for trying out Demos. But why does the game sound as boring as the heading says.. :confused:

EDIT: A google search says it all.

3. ali3nSXaddict

ali3nSXaddict New Member

I've been playing the demo for a couple of days - the save function is disabled so it's fine for just getting a feel for the game - and you can also try out the map editor.

It's anything but boring but wont be to everyone's taste (no game ever is...). Closest comparison would be the Railroad Tycoon games though you'll be building Japanese-looking cities and trains. If you enjoy city building/management and or rail sims then you'll appreciate what's on offer.

Essentially your job is to build a profitable railroad company. Your trains will make you money but you can also construct other businesses to help fund the rail expansion. Railway management is a very expensive business, mostly you'll be running at a loss. Bank loans and dalliance on the stock market will also help generate the money you'll need to grow.

A-Train 8, from what I've seen of the demo, is looking and playing very much like A-Train HX, last years Xbox360 release. There are more trains and a few new buildings, but essentially it is the same game. It's very 'Japanese' in it's presentation - the cities have a certain toy town appeal and you get intermittent J-lounge music.

What most people have a problem with is the graphics (Personally I like them. The A-Train series has a more playful look about it) and the very open-ended nature of the gameplay.

Like I said, if you enjoy transport management sims then you might like this.

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Am I the only one shocked to find out the series is up to 8 when I only knew of 1?

5. ali3nSXaddict

ali3nSXaddict New Member

:lol: Don't be. Most of them were exclusively released in Japan. Since the days of the Amiga, in the West there has been (I think) A-Train 6, A-Train HX and now A-Train 8. A-Train 7 wasn't released over here for some reason.