A Twitch streamer is exposing coronavirus scams live

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Calliers, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Calliers

Calliers Is turning over a new leaf..... Staff Member

Earlier this week, live on Twitch, the streamer Kitboga attempted to place a wholesale order for an essential oil that, the woman on the phone implied to him, cured COVID-19.

There is, of course, no cure for COVID-19, the disease that has infected hundreds of thousands of people internationally since January. If there were, it wouldn’t consist of oregano oil, cinnamon, clove bud, and eucalyptus essential oils. Kitboga was on the phone with a scammer. Eleven thousand live viewers were watching him expose her.

Using a voice modulator, Kitboga assumed a persona called Barbara “Barbie” Kendal, explaining that he wanted to place a wholesale order for essential oils and distribute it to the Mayo Clinic in Arizona. Kitboga continued to press her for details about the product—How many people has it cured? Can I keep the cure on the countertop? Can I pour the cure into a hot bath after my bridge game?—which she readily answered, never correcting his terminology. The scammer, who said her name was Anne, took down the hospital’s address.

“They should call you Saint Anne,” said Kitboga, eliding the words into the sound of “satan.”

arb65912 likes this.
  2. arb65912

arb65912 Active Member

People , some people will always take advantage of unfortunate situation, shame but that is how many people are.... :mad:

3. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

Kitboga is one of the best channels on Youtube....

Here are a couple of classics :)