A2 ZS plus another card installation/driver issues?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ursamtl, Mar 16, 2007.

1. ursamtl

ursamtl Montrealer

As mentioned in the other thread, I have an E-MU 0404 USB along with my A2 ZS Platinum and I'm discovering that my motherboard puts its USB and LAN on the same IRQ. Since I have a 10-day return on the 0404 USB, I'm planning on bringing it back and exchanging for a PCI-based product. I may go for an 0404 PCI or else an M-Audio Audiophile 192 or Delta1010 LT. One thing I read on another forum was a suggestion to someone running an 0404 PCI with an Audigy that they should install the Audigy first along with its drivers because once the 0404 is installed, one cannot easily update the A2 drivers because of shared files between the two Creative drivers. Would this apply in any way to kx as well? I know there are some files with at least the same name as the Creative drivers. I've seen people mention having 0404 PCI cards with kx and using it instead of Patchmix, etc. How well does this work? How about the M-Audio cards. Anyone running them with kx on one of the supported cards? I'm planning on makign the exchange Saturday, so I'm trying to get as much info beforehand as possible. Thanks, Steve.

2. Max M.

Max M. h/h member-shmember

>update the A2 drivers because of shared files between the two Creative drivers.

that was fixed with newer Emu driver versions.

>Would this apply in any way to kx as well?

No. When you install kX it finds Emu card and asks if you want it to be installed for one - just say 'No'.

>I've seen people mention having 0404 PCI cards with kx and using it instead of Patchmix, etc.

they must be joking. you can install kX on Emu cards - but it makes no sense sinse all I/O is dead.

----
    In general, kX should not interfere with any other soundcards.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007