A7N8X forced spead spectrim problem

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by The_Neon_Cowboy, Apr 9, 2003.

1. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

I have A7N8X forced spead spectrim problem, the bios (rev. 1003) forces .50% spread sprectrim has any one else notice this? If I try disabled or to even change it to 1% it wont let you change it......... just goes back to .25%

2. Dom

Dom New Member

My board does this too, don't think it's a problem though.

3. The_Neon_Cowboy

Re: Re: A7N8X forced spead spectrim problem

well it effects performace .... it shouldnt be hardlocked on and unchaneable thats geting along the line that hp,compaq,dell etc... do with there BIOSes
    What do is a hichly tweakable bard that sarts taking the tweaks out??? I fon't se why they even left it in the menu then if thier not going to let us change it

4. Dom

Dom New Member

Theres probably a setting in the BIOS that is forcing the .50% spread.

5. vbawol

vbawol New Member

6. The_Neon_Cowboy

Thank you..........

A7N8X BIOS problem

Problem : Many users complained they can not adjust "FSB Spread Spectrum" setting in BIOS ver. 1002. They said it will be locked at [.50%] value. Is it true or not? If yes, is it a bug and is there any solution for it?

Answer : It's a known issue. Our H/W R&D has tuned and fixed this item as a default to allow A7N8X has the best performance.
    We don't want users to change this item because once this is changed, it might risk unstable system and some EMI issues.

So basicaly there saying that this board suffers from "unstablity and EMI issues" thats nice wish i read that before i bought it. the best performance is with the setting off you a sacrifice raw speed for stablity. The only time you turn it on normaly is if you haveing severe stablity issues and aparently this kind of board is haveing them.

7. Dom

Dom New Member

See, not a problem.