ABIT Website To Go Completely Shut By End of February

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by MIG-31, Jan 30, 2012.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Read Full Story Here.

Back in March, 2009, the industry lost ABIT as a consumer motherboard vendor, as it announced its exit.

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

had a great run for awhile abit..

i'm really quite unhappy they left completely....

i held abit as sometimes a better alternative to asus... packing in more features and functions than any other..

first to bring us all one of the best ATA controller on the market at the time.. using Highpoint technology. First on the market with a motherboard function with Raid 1/0/1+0... first to provide SATA ports (although unfortuneately no bootability from them)... I honestly think they were the first if not one of the first that brought massive innovation and highend motherboards with unique and feature rich motherboards to the market.

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I've owned a few ABIT boards in the past. In fact, I just put a system together with one a few weeks ago.

Going to miss them.

4. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

They should at least have a handover for their drivers to somewhere like Softpedia. It's a bit of a bugger for people with Abit boards who need to get hold of drivers.
    Drivers are easily obtainable, there's no denying that but only if you know which drivers to download. The benefit of manufacturer's websites is that you can choose your motherboard's model and be presented with the list of drivers.

5. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Active Member

I had an ABIT AN7, with the good old Nforce2 chipset. Best MB I ever had, an oc monster back in the day.

Farewell ABIT, you will be missed...

6. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn New Member

AW: ABIT Website To Go Completely Shut By End of February

Been running a VP6 board back in 2000. Bad caps issue struck, but I had them replaced and the machine is still up and running, though not as main rig anymore of course. The dual P3s owned each and any average CPU bench for at least two years.

7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

yeah my first abit board after about 5 years had the whole caps issue too.. but even with 3/4 of them blown and sitting at the computer when they went "pop.... pop pop pop" .. the sucker remained stable and i still could fire it up..

that was the only board i had the cap problem on.