AC3filter + kX + BSplayer

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by Vergo, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Vergo

Vergo New Member

Hello, I've been trying to configure my computer during my holidayz but i just can't get them right :(

My config: Creative Audigy 2 ZS retail + Hercules XPS 5.100 surround.
    Software installed: xvid/divx codecs, ac3filter, latest kX drivers, WinDVD 6 Plat & BSplayer.

I ripped my brothers DVD "The thin red line" into xvid with AC3 surround (5.1) but i can't get it to work as i want to.

I reinstalled BSplayer so the settings are all default
    I reinstalled AC3filter so the setting are all default
    I reinstalled kX drivers & have chosen 5.1 move as preset for my speakers & disabled "swap front & rear mode", I just don't know what to do with the rest of the settings (i'm not using SPDIF since my surround is connected analogue).

I'm getting sound through my front & center speaker but i don't get the Dolby effects i want... It seems like the just put the sound over each speaker instead of giving me the effects :(

Help would be much appreciated.

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Check AC3 Filter when it is offline..in the control panel..I think you need to set it for what speaker config you have..I did for mine..My AC-3 for movies works fine..there is a test file out there somwhere two..makes troubleshooting alot easier..hope that helps