AD2000B on ASUS P5Q-E X-Fi software and DDL thru optical

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by rtangwai, May 23, 2011.

1. rtangwai

rtangwai New Member

Hello, I've been trying to get 5.1 sound from various media files (*NOT* DVDs, that's already working) on my ASUS P5Q-E motherboard that uses the AD2000B audio chipset thru the optical port to Cambridge Soundworks DTT3500 digital receiver. I have on another computer an X-Fi Elite Pro and Logitech Z-680 speakers that for DDL/DTS to go thru the optical I had to buy extra software from Creative Labs, so I know it can be done just not necessarily on non-X-Fi hardware.

What I want to know is if it is possible to get the SupremeFX X-Fi utiility to work on a P5Q-E and if so, would it encode in real-time DDL/DTS so media files can do surround-sound thru the optical? I can't use the analog because there are analog inputs only for front and rear speakers on the DTT3500 - no center channel/subwoofer input.

I know the one of the easiest solutions would be to put in a real X-Fi card into the computer, but because the computer in question is already pretty full (it is a phone/fax/web/file/media server with extra SATA controllers to connect 12 hard drives) tossing a card in requires me to take something out. I would prefer to avoid that as it took me forever to get everything to play nice in the first place.

The other easy solution is to downgrade to an analog 5.1 speaker setup, but I'm concern that if I put in a high-end receiver later I'll run into this problem again.

Does anyone know if the SupremeFX X-Fi software enables real-time DDL/DTS encoding?

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Hi welcome I don't think so Your welcome try Alexa mod.

3. Killa-Eyez

Killa-Eyez One With Eyes That Kill

Confirmed. It does not enable Dolby Digital Live nor DTS-Connect streaming. I have the exact same MB and just installed a modded SoundMAX driver along with the Creative software provided by cmhdream. All installed flawlessly and all works perfectly except for those 2 functions.

I tried to install Creative's DDL & DTS-C software package separately and it gives me:

"Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before running this Setup program.

Setup will exit."

This is with the modded SoundMAX driver provided by Spyrus in the Realtek/Soundmax Modds + SB X-fi MB 1.2 thread.

I am starting to think the sound chips should be enabled hardware id wise to be able to provide these functions, e.g. messing with the bios.

Posted in the Realtek/Soundmax Modds + SB X-fi MB 1.2 thread for assistance.