ADAPTER pci for new generation motherboards? Hallo still using here ^^ ,and You ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrvomit, Jan 21, 2021.

1. mrvomit

mrvomit Active Member

I digged the forum back then , it was ASM1083 chipcards stuff for pci-e to pci legacy , plenty of links about on aliexpress ..but too many forms and shapes and i can't get to understand which would work ,in Chipset and shape .Also they do not label support for windows 10
    I took my last system ensuring there was a pci JUST FOR MY SOUNDCARD lol ( asus z97 -a and windows 7 still ).
    But is reaching end of life i guess since having little troubles in hardware.

Now i'm thinking at my next system , i guess i will go Amd ,
    NEW motherBOARSDS ,,stil i have to look for but i already know there is NO legacy Pci .

You know spending for a new system and then finding no Kx in it would be so sad :( , i'm attached to it emotionally too :D.

ANY of you have photos or recommendations? Even going outside of the case would be good though i saw far too pricy stuff in those external units .
    I know , i'm resurrecting it , but when i do music for fun in my house i know how to play the SPAGHETTI KDSP which is STILL UNRIVALLED in HIS CONCEPT , i have still 2 working cards ( other had failures sadly ) .

Would really like to see if any of you arranged and how .
    ___
    for example , that one does not say win10
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...68#1000022185#1000066058#0_668#3468#15609#244
    ____

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  2. peate

peate Active Member

Save yourself some headaches and just forget PCI. I went with a new Audigy RX, fully kX compatible and beats the crap out of my Old Live card. I know it's a drag to have outdated equipment that still works but becomes unusable due to hardware restrictions. But this time, I didn't think twice about it. You won't be sorry, believe me.

3. mrvomit

mrvomit Active Member

thank you for chiming in. i have 4 card ( zs and so on and their front panels ( 1 in use one for main pc)
    fact is i ABSOLUTELY NEED the front panel for digital inexpecially . i go directly in with guitar ( guitar -line6 pod converter- and then directly digital record ) .the rest is my daily presets i use for various ludicrous stuff and entertainment.
    Also there are newer motherboars in the market with pci ( in intel i saw
    ASUS PRIME B460M-PLUS )
    RX is TOTALLY compatible , are you sure ? i did read about some little issues or it0s just me ?
    So it would be an adapter , a motherboard or that audigy rx if they provide a version with front panel for i/out .
    Gonna look if has a panel in some versions that audigy rx , i'm already afraid there will be not ..but if you know about please tell me mate.
    gonna look about now

4. peate

peate Active Member

The Live Drive does not fit on the RX sadly, that's the one thing I miss. I use a small Yamaha mixer plugged into the line in and it sounds excellent. No issues with the card, but it has no kx synth on 64 bit Windows.

mrvomit likes this.
  5. Epsilon Cygni

Epsilon Cygni New Member

Hello,
    I cannot recommend any particular adapter for kX cards (still using PCI slots for kX). But I have motherboards with ASM1083 and ASM1085, and two adapters with PLX PEX 8111 and ASM1083. They all work in any Windows (including 10) and do not need drivers, therefore concerns about Win 10 support are unnecessary.

Hope this helps.

mrvomit likes this.
  6. mrvomit

mrvomit Active Member

thank you . Off course my concern would be if adapters work with the card .What you plugged in your adapters?
    Also even if will get one NEW card with legacy PCI it will be most certainly a bridged ASM**** one , perhaps the same as an external adapter .
    I did not figure out how those are mounted and if its no hassle to mount the card with them .
    Sadly confirmed no live drive for rx .
    Glad to see there are still people using it .

I did not use kxsynth since it was not able to load soundfonts anymore in windows7 and went using software for that (synthfont is the programi used ).

7. Epsilon Cygni

Epsilon Cygni New Member

I used them with SB PCI 128 (CT5803 and later CT5808).
    For a big card like Audigy 2 it's better to get something like this: https://aliexpress.com/item/10000133153533.html
    Or, even better, to find a motherboard with PCI slots.

mrvomit likes this.